Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deep Park Plan

Charlives

Hi everyone, I've been hunting trashy, pounded parks where the only remaining coins are VERY deep. I've been using the following set up-
-Disc out 19 and below
-Recovery 2 (Nox 600)
-5kHz, check suspicious targets in multi (sometimes checking a third time in all-metal to see if iron is in play)

Does this seem like a reasonable plan? 5kHz seems to hit harder and deeper than multi BUT you have to double check bottle caps. Is anyone else also primarily using 5kHz?
Thanks!

You didn't say what mode you are using.
In my garden Park 2 hits much harder on deep silver, audio.
Park 1 gives a more accurate VDI, on deep silver. It will up average. But the audio is weak compared to Park 2.
Multi is more stable in my garden, less noise.

If you use Park 2 you can't discriminate like you are doing. In Park 2 my deep silvers come in from 1 to 12 bouncing around. The problem is that you will have to dig pretty much everything in the positive VDI range.
I use 5 tones and never use a recovery lower than 4, to me this gives a crisper audio response.
Of course this is just my opinion. When I say deep silver I'm talking about dimes 10 to 12 inches.

Thanks, Jayhop! I don't think it matters what mode I'm in if I'm primarily using 5kHz. It would matter for the few seconds I check targets in multi after I've located them in 5kHz.