Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deep Signal Weakens...Iron?

True or False....

A deep signal (3/4 + down the depth bar) that hits well at first, but weakens after 5-6 passes over it... is likely iron?

Edit: To specify

I thought the target PP got tighter with each pass over it...If this is so, I would expect a target to get louder...No???

HH,

Not if you are using sizing. If the target hits both ways you better dig. Lot of rusty bent nails will give you a good signal, but sometimes it is silver. The E-trac is a auto ground balance. Might be trying to ground balance the iron out. That happens to me in iron infested areas.

you mean that you hit it and think "BAM, I got a silver dime or quarter" and then after a few passes, all of the sudden the number starts jumping or the signal gets cracky ? if that's what you're talking about, then in my experience it's usually a rusty bolt or nail, but I always dig it anyway. I've been disappointed many times and thought that it MUST be a silver quarter.