Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deep Silver Setup???

Mountain Mike

Has anybody done some testing on coming up with the best settings for deep silver. I guess I'm looking for someone who has a deep silver coin in a test bed. Hopefully that person has tried all the different modes and setting combos. If you have done this test what have you found?

I have in my test garden. For stock I have achieved my best depth in park 2 so far. But I haven't played in gold at all. Just enough to know I don't like the sound much.

I switched park 1 over to a iron bias of zero and got much better depth in my hot ground.

"It'll be totally dependent on your soil mineral / trash level percentages wherever you hunt?

Park 1, might be brilliant for one area, Park 2 might be outstanding in another?

Field 2 might be Tops for a hunter in a different State / country?

A 'patient ' hunter, might get unheard of ''good signals' in the park in Goldfield mode and has tuned into what's heard gleaned from 100's of hours operating a gold mode on another detector?

Jury' still out IMHO - Great isn't it??? It'll be discussed and dissected till Christmas!!!"

I’m snowed in so can’t do ground testing but air test shows Park 2 with a 1” advantage on a silver dime
compared to Park 1..
There doesn’t seem to be a difference when using a quarter between the two.

Recovery Speed can affect depth as much as 3 inches between settings 1 and 8.. Lower Recovery Speed for greater depth..

I know that air tests don’t mean much and the FBS Detectors notoriously aren’t known for great air tests but it’s
still interesting that my Equinox with 11” Coil air tests better then my E-Trac with 13” Coil.

Bryan

Interesting.. Park 2 seems to be the best in iron, deep nickels, and possibly deep silver so far. Time will tell.

sgoss66 said:
Mike --

I have a test garden, silver coins at various depths, but just haven't done the testing yet that needs to be done. I WILL, and I WILL report back...

Steve
That's the report I'm waiting for.

Mountain Mike said:
Mike --

I have a test garden, silver coins at various depths, but just haven't done the testing yet that needs to be done. I WILL, and I WILL report back...

Steve
That's the report I'm waiting for.

X2

Yes, Tom D said if your soil conditions allow, Beach 2 has the lowest weighted frequencies which is best for silver coin hunting.
He said don’t be afraid to use Beach modes for inland coin hunting.
We are all going to have to test these modes in our locations we hunt because soil conditions vary so much.

Bryan