Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deeper All Metal with F-75

Charlie P. (NY)

Noticed something in reading through the manual:

The Boost Process in DISCR Mode also modifies the Motion All Metal mode. For those of you finding less depth in AM it might be worth a try to set the detector in Boost before switching over to All Metal.

Cache process also effects Motion All Metal.

This might be old news to most but I had't had the Boost or Cache in my pre-upgraded F-75.

And the pitch setting in AM goes back to the Disc side. Affects sound of tones . Some might not realize that.

All my AM depth issues where checked with bp mode carried over to am, didn't help. Did get a call from Fisher today, my F75 camo is on it's way home again. They found the 11'' coil bad, also now 2/15 ser # and they did change the circuit board. They said it was checked by 2 different people and got 14'' in am. This should be the last trip. Thank's again Fisher.

If you don't mind when it comes in would you air test it on a clad quarter for me? AM 99 sens threshold 0 and see what you get. I'm only getting 13" on mine. It's a new 12/15 model. My buddy just got his back Friday and it's no better than mine. Mine is as deep on Disc as on AM.
I called Fisher today and they want me to send it in. I don't see that it will matter because he just got his back from a fresh upgrade and ours perform exactly the same. Just curious what yours will do.
Thanks.

cintitomcat said:
All my AM depth issues where checked with bp mode carried over to am, didn't help. Did get a call from Fisher today, my F75 camo is on it's way home again. They found the 11'' coil bad, also now 2/15 ser # and they did change the circuit board. They said it was checked by 2 different people and got 14'' in am. This should be the last trip. Thank's again Fisher.

Will do, that 14'' is on a nickle. Are you in bp mode when you switch to am. And remember 9.0 will be your deepest test. I got about 1-2'' more in 9.0

Yes in BP mode. I tried mine in 9.0 and 9.1 and really couldn't tell a lot of difference. If anything it was deeper in 9.1 w DST off.

cintitomcat said:
Will do, that 14'' is on a nickle. Are you in bp mode when you switch to am. And remember 9.0 will be your deepest test. I got about 1-2'' more in 9.0

Mine was deeper in 9.0 than 9.1 as well. Way deeper in disc mode than AM.....like 6" deeper. Didn't matter what mobe I switched over to AM from....it just wasn't there. It's going back to Fisher for the 3rd time. This was a brand new machine not an upgrade.

Kenny

I also wish you luck, but we shouldn't rely on luck, that machinge should be striped of good parts and they should send you a brand new one with some free stuff to say they are sorry.

Ron in WV

Are these problems with upgrades or new machines? Mine is a 12/14 new machine. I should be ok right?

Mine is a new 12/14. It's great in Disc mode but lacks depth in AM. It's about 2-3" less than a non upgraded LTD. Talked to Fisher yesterday and the guy said that the threshold were changed to make the disc mode more sensitive since 90% of people hunt in disc mode anyway. The thing that aggravates me is I called and ask if there would be any loss of depth w the DST machine and was told there would not be. I had been hearing rumors that there was. So I thought I would get it from the horse mouth and contact Fisher directly because of all the rumors on the internet. So I sell my camo F75 (which was super deep in AM) to "upgrade" to a new machine w a warranty and now I have IMHO a inferior machine. At least inferior in the way that I hunt. Definitely better in Disc.

Do a simple air-test on a nickle, disc sens-99, bp mode, all metal mode carry over bp sens-99 motion, the 2 readings should be close. If not call Fisher and ask for Juan, i talked to someone there that told me disc was more sensitive then was told by another this was not true. Do your test in 9.0 i believe this is the deeper of the 2.

I didn't talk to Juan. I can't remember the guys name but he said the discr mode was more sensitive. You are right as for as depth on both modes. They are very close. Close enough you could call them equal.

togg77 said:
WHY is it necessary to Degrade AM in order to Upgrade discriminate??

That doesn't seem to be the process (wasn't with mine). I get more depth with the upgrade because I now have the boost process that works in AM.

For some reason there appear to be several that have had this unfortunate result. Must have something to do with the DST(?)

I'm see about 4 additional inches in AM in 9,0 vs disc in 9.0 And 9.0 appears deepest on mine. Mine is Jan version update.

What i gather from talking to Fisher was some of circuit board's on the upgraded unit's and some new stock with older boards where causing these am depth issues. Bottom line, if you send in for upgrades make sure they do a All Metal air-test before shipping back to you. Might save you a 2nd or 3rd trip. 4'' more in AM than disc, what kind of numbers are you talking on a nickle?.

I made an F75 "Spin the wheel" for you TomCat, it has two choices: Re-re-re-resend to FT or re-re-relist for sale LOL JK

I can't see any difference with mine between a nickel and quarter. I figure the nickel's make-up is offsetting the quarters size.