Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deepest coins or jewelry?

Haven't got to use mine as much as I'd like, but curious, what's the deepest coins or jewelry you've hit?
Setting?
Coil?

How deep can the 6" actually go?
I have routinely been finding 8-9 inch deep wheat pennies at my hard hit spots. Park, recovery 4, iron bias 4, and sensitivity 26. I find more deep nickels with this detector than any detector I have used. I have not used the 6 inch coil yet.

I have routinely been finding 8-9 inch deep wheat pennies at my hard hit spots. Park, recovery 4, iron bias 4, and sensitivity 26. I find more deep nickels with this detector than any detector I have used. I have not used the 6 inch coil yet.
No coins deeper than 7 inches so far for me. English dirt here is harder to penetrate . Not found anything Gold with my legend yet. Only 1 silver ring so far and i have 100 hours in on legend. Average junk field that i detect probably has hundreds of thousands junk bits under ground , fighting the odds all the time of getting GOLD.. Silver is eluding me too big time. with legend

The vanquish was my first detector. I had never detected and didn't know if I'd even like it lol. I didn't want to spend a bunch of loot on something I might hate. If it was waterproof, I probably wouldn't have upgraded for some time.

I like the Legend. It's sturdier and does TONS. I just gotta log some serious time on it and learn everything.
Would it have killed Nokta to backlight or at least paint the buttons though??

Chunky
853208-b82a8f225d4bb6a913adb9c976bc445e.jpg

There are a couple semi local places I wanna hit, but I'd like to have a solid grasp on everything first.

The 1.11 update is extra stuff to learn...
Nah, you don't have to use any of the extra stuff. You can just turn on and go the same as you did with any prior version but have the benefit of extra stability.

Deepest for me was an 1841 Seated dime at nearly 13” in good rich soil. It was the 11” coil running Park in 4khz at 30 Sens. It registered 46-47.
Deepest jewelry was a ladies fancy gold ring near a tennis court, Park with M1 and 25 Sens. It registered 27-28 if I remember right.
Both above were prior to getting the Threshold problem fixed so running 0.

The other day I got an iffy 51-52 while running Park M3, Sens at 30. Got a very small copper rivet about the size of a green pea at almost 11”.