Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deepest program for XP deus 2

Waterdog

What are some of the deeper programs in the xpd2 that you know of with the multi frequency or single frequency programs ? Any ideas of what works better than the other ?

So far i have not found a clear one that is deepest. Tried relic, deep hc, and general. This is hunting inland. Reactivety 2 or lower depending clean Area is. If one of these modes hits it, the others always have as well. They each sound different though. Have noticed deep hc really likes deep nails, with that and the power drain I now primarily use general.

General
Reactivety as low as area will permit
Sensitivity as high as emi will allow
Ground setting on no or minimal filter
Audio response 5
Discrim 5
Notch none
Tones 5

With this i get the best results at hitting a penny dime target at 8 inches. Typical soil phase of 82, no or low mineralization.

These settings will hit a hammer head much deeper, probably 12+ inches.

Switch between the 3 in the field, see what you can do.

imo prog 6 is deepest but is the same as d1 sonar prog for depth in air

gary is not doing any custom progs for the d2 for some reason

In clean ground with mild soil, Relic mode with Reactivity at 0.5 or 1 is DEEP. But you do have to swing slow. I've tried Reactivity of 0 but it tends to give a bit too much ground feedback. If you get into iron you definitely have to raise the Reactivity and the IAR.

For my ground (typically reads 87) I use a modified park program. I use 2 or 2.5 reactivity. Dimes at 8 inches are not uncommon. I've lately been bonding with the xy screen and am really liking it! Takes me back to my old Whites V3i and polar plot.

For my ground (typically reads 87) I use a modified park program. I use 2 or 2.5 reactivity. Dimes at 8 inches are not uncommon. I've lately been bonding with the xy screen and am really liking it! Takes me back to my old Whites V3i and polar plot.

DItto for me, though haven't tried the xy screen yet. I typically set to 4 tones though I'm thinking of changing to 5 tones for a nickel only range about 58-65 or so.

I tested a lot and Deep HC is the deepest in my soil (eastern nc). I use pitch mode.
It also gave a more accurate ID on deeper coins.
If it wasn't for this program I'd go back to using the equinox.

I tested a lot and Deep HC is the deepest in my soil (eastern nc). I use pitch mode.
It also gave a more accurate ID on deeper coins.
If it wasn't for this program I'd go back to using the equinox.
I too have been using the Deus 2 since mid-Feb but have been using General program which has served me well this far. I’ll be going out the weekend in October for the first hunt of the fall here in Virginia but will try the Deus Fast to see how this does ; looking at Gary’s Deus 2 Fast program gives up to 1-3 additional inches more in depth in heavy iron mineralized soil . Have you seen his video?

I do watch his videos, not sure if I've seen the one you are talking about. I will check on it.
I've tested all programs in my test garden and Deep HC is the most stable with the most accurate ID on my deeper targets. Not the best sound on deep low conductors but I'll take the trade off.
And definitely Fast program in iron.
Thanks, I'll check out his video.

I too have been using the Deus 2 since mid-Feb but have been using General program which has served me well this far. I’ll be going out the weekend in October for the first hunt of the fall here in Virginia but will try the Deus Fast to see how this does ; looking at Gary’s Deus 2 Fast program gives up to 1-3 additional inches more in depth in heavy iron mineralized soil . Have you seen his video?
I tried making adjustments to the fast program this week in my test garden. It is really deep, but gives a much better response on lower conductors than high conductors.
In my opinion it would be a good all around program with adjustments for each situation.
IMO the Deep HC is still the best all around for my type of hunting. But the modified fast progam is basically equal in deep.

I tried making adjustments to the fast program this week in my test garden. It is really deep, but gives a much better response on lower conductors than high conductors.
In my opinion it would be a good all around program with adjustments for each situation.
IMO the Deep HC is still the best all around for my type of hunting. But the modified fast progam is basically equal in deep.
Jayhop-

if I may ask; what type of hunting do you generally do with the Deus2- Relic colonial/civil war/other? I guess the types of hunting one does and the soil environment will dictate the settings we will be using .

Jayhop-

if I may ask; what type of hunting do you generally do with the Deus2- Relic colonial/civil war/other? I guess the types of hunting one does and the soil environment will dictate the settings we will be using .
1700 to late 1800 house sites, Civil War sites. Most of my hunting is in farm fields, so targets can be shallow or deep. But in the sandy soil they can be very deep, that's why Deep HC is my primary program.

Deepest ? As boring as it sounds on the latest greatest SMF, while hunting for whats usually seems to be the deepest targets, Colonial/Civil War, I find that program #7 Deus Mono at 17khz gets the best punch in the ground inland, while testing on live faint targets.

I hunt generally parks and soccer fields. I do water hunt when it gets hot out here in California. Last heatwave here, it get SO HOT 116 the electric equipment (windows and door locks) on my car quit working:(

I’ve been tweaking all the progs for land use and so far beach sens seems the deepest by far..tried it Sunday and had a good tid I couldn’t retrieve as it was under some rocks .sounded,like gold..tests continue

For some reason I never tried the Mono program. I will crank it up this morn. Thanks Fred for mentioning it.