Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Defect Bug found in CTX 3030

MegaDeus

In Ferrous Coin mode, a silver dollar registers about 12-44 TID, and shows up on the screen, yet if you have the area above it discriminated, it won't give an audible alert. If you open up the 1-42 or so range, and discriminate the 12-44 range, it will give an audio indication, But, won't give a TID#. Seems they have some of the code goofed up in the ferrous coin mode, Keep an eye out if something is showing up on the screen, but not giving an audio alert.

Most silver coin patterns to include large silver like 50 cents and morgans leave open 01-40 thru 01-48 or 01-49 so that should never happen.

Attachments

• bodysize3mo1 (4).JPG
    bodysize3mo1 (4).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 124
Not a "defect" , just a discrimination issue. I doesn't take long to realize the wisdom of leaving it open all the way through 50 , a little wrap around never hurt anyone:)

Attachments

• P1010007_3.jpg
    P1010007_3.jpg
    835.2 KB · Views: 128
He was a pup then. Now 5 years old and 53 lbs of fun.

Attachments

• chasemetaldetectingsmall.jpg
    chasemetaldetectingsmall.jpg
    456.8 KB · Views: 138
Furthermore, if you check out CTX's official manual, in page 42, there is a note up an left that points out that FC setting may not always provide audio....:unsure:
And further furthermore…if in Ferrous/Coin and the tone assigned to a specific bin sounds off with that specific tone outside of that bin, it is junk. Example…my nickel bin is set 8-14 CO at 600hz. Say I have my next bin 15-30 at 75hz. If I hear a clean 600hz tone but see something like a 12-24 come up on the screen…junk. Every time. Never seen a “good item” come from that scenario. The usual offender is some kind of crown cap. Not sure why this happens but as long as it is known that it does it can be worked with.

And further furthermore…if in Ferrous/Coin and the tone assigned to a specific bin sounds off with that specific tone outside of that bin, it is junk. Example…my nickel bin is set 8-14 CO at 600hz. Say I have my next bin 15-30 at 75hz. If I hear a clean 600hz tone but see something like a 12-24 come up on the screen…junk. Every time. Never seen a “good item” come from that scenario. The usual offender is some kind of crown cap. Not sure why this happens but as long as it is known that it does it can be worked with.
Thanks for the tip, I will keep and ear and eye out for that.

Furthermore, if you check out CTX's official manual, in page 42, there is a note up an left that points out that FC setting may not always provide audio....:unsure:
It does provide audio, just in the wrong location, it's a clear bug. I can have the whole area shaded out, but one area away from where it's actually , and it will provide audio. So, it definitely provides it, they just have it matched up to the wrong location!

Most silver coin patterns to include large silver like 50 cents and morgans leave open 01-40 thru 01-48 or 01-49 so that should never happen.
Thats not the point, the visual pattern, does not match the Audio pattern. Which makes the discrimation feature totally useless. Unless you figure out just how many #'s the indication is off from the Audio.

Not a "defect" , just a discrimination issue. I doesn't take long to realize the wisdom of leaving it open all the way through 50 , a little wrap around never hurt anyone:)
Ohh, just makes the whole discrimination useless! So if its broken or is buggy, just don't use it you are saying?

Totally wrong. This is a silver dollar I buried. It's not junk. It's a mismatch with the audio discrimination pattern to the visual discrimination pattern. Try it out on a silver dollar!