Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Depth and find ability

TAFI125

Reading the previous post on depth with the ctx and although apparently a coil problem it made me think about my own machine. I have only three short sessions with my ctx and in fact remarked to my wife as we set out that previously I had been a bit disappointed with the machine as it seemed a bit mild and meek. I find using the ctx for length y periods is difficult for me as I have a dodgy back. However today, with the aid of a bungee I was able to keep swinging for nearly 6 hours. It was obvious that on this field, a heavily hunted club site , the meek and mild changed to a beast mode. Using a low disc programme, the machine was clearly a lot twitchier, at one stage I had to reduce the sensitivity for a while.
I just kept pulling up nonferrous, and depthwise, a very small thin copper coin (well worn) called a rose farthing, came up with a clear reading at 5 inches plus. A few other non valuable interesting objects and a pocketful of junk...However it was an eyeopener for the amount of objects on a supposedly worked out site. Two associates had very few finds with other machines.
Certainly my opinion of the ctx has changed for the better, just a pity about the weight but my bungee, a ' detecting buddy' crrtainly helped.

The CTX is a great machine Tafi - I haven't used my E-Trac since I got the 3030 almost a year ago. I consistently find stuff at sites that have been murdered for years - especially around trash and iron.

I concur with Doc. Sold my E-trac last July! Looks like you have a good set up with the bungee. Good hunting.

When you get a few more hours in on you machine try the combined profile(page 36) Your soil type will tolerate manual sensitivity settings and get a third more depth in the right conditions I was able to pop a eddie the third farthing at 4 inches. Love detecting in England Mate!!

Thanks for the advice laplander..I do use the tadpole program with a custom profile which generally gives a low tone on diggable finds which I prefer. I haven, t tried manual sensitivity as I prefer the auto plus 3 which makes for a quieter running machine.