Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Depth difference on Recovery Speed?

There can be. But faster recovery might be what’s needed in trashy or minerals. Proper recovery to match conditions combined with the right settings will get the best results. Just like to much sensitivity. Kind of like using deep and fast on the explorer.

dewcon4414 said:
There can be. But faster recovery might be what’s needed in trashy or minerals. Proper recovery to match conditions combined with the right settings will get the best results. Just like to much sensitivity. Kind of like using deep and fast on the explorer.

Thanks dewcon, I know on a non-Minelab detector I have, the faster recovery speed it gets very little depth. I was curious if this was the case with the 800.

Yes, there is a very noticeable difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLNLbCoCNFQ

Yes most definitely if I have a clean area I lower my recovery speed to 3 or less and go slow and I do very well.

Thanks for this post, just getting out again and relearning the drill. And that dime test was interesting too, beach mode is something i think people dismiss in the dirt.

Jason in Enid said:
Yes, there is a very noticeable difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLNLbCoCNFQ

Thanks Jason.
The video was helpful.

I wonder if messing with the iron bias affects depth any?

Also, I wonder if playing around with the ground balance like on a Tesoro helps on depth. Say your GB comes to 5 but you manually move it to 1 or run it to 8 if that affects depth.

nagant said:
Thanks for this post, just getting out again and relearning the drill. And that dime test was interesting too, beach mode is something i think people dismiss in the dirt.

Yea, that video Jason in Enid posted was interesting. I too noticed the beach mode was hitting hard on that dime.

Did I miss something in the video? The stated recovery speed was indeed 1 at the beginning of the video, but I missed seeing any comparison by switching to higher numbers of RSpeed. Was there a minute marker I should revisit?

Thanks, I quit watching before that time. I do have a concern though. Going from 1 to 6 and them 8, was extreme. I'd like to see that test done at 2 and 3.

I believe I saw a video by one of the engineers....that said the Sov would be running on about 6 recovery

I don't think any of my Sovereign models had a recovery anywhere close to the Nox's 6. Maybe more like 1 or 2. JMHO

dewcon4414 said:
I believe I saw a video by one of the engineers....that said the Sov would be running on about 6 recovery

Dewcon...What mode? I can tell you All metal Pinpoint is faster than discrimination. This was yesterday Sov. all metal pinpoint. I can tell you for SURE all metal pinpoint is equal to 6 recovery on the NOX. IN FACT you may not be able to over swing it in this mode. Again for those of you who had never had a 186 coin day!

SORRY but because this website in in the dark ages with positng pictures I will not be able to post my coins from yesterday.

Dave

Hi,
I did air testing comparing Nox 800 recovery speed for gold prospecting in case I got into some sparse target areas and wanted a bit more depth without screwing up target response audio. There was around a 1/3 of an inch difference for each recovery speed increment in my testing. I hunt in mineralized dirt nearly all of the time so I rarely use the slowest or fastest settings on the 800. I have not experienced any difference in depth by adjusting the iron bias settings......
Jeff

Good info Jeff....... but which way? Ie..... if im at 4... am i loosing or gaining that depth from say 5? Or did i just have another senior moment? Im not above asking these dumb questions lol.

Hi Dew,

If you are at 4 on the Nox 800 and you switch recovery speed to 5 you will lose roughly 1/3 of an inch in air testing. I don't give a hoot for air testing. In real life I have no idea if those results will hold true especially in heavy trash. If the Nox can't separate a strong shallow trash target from a deeper desired target I'm screwed anyway. Personally, I don't get the luxury of hunting in an environment with mild soil and sparse targets. So I don't even think of recovery speed adjustments in terms of depth gained or lost. I really need recovery speed for target separation, unmasking and target audio integrity.

Jeff

Wellllll once again....I went back to look and .....seems he was talking I B. Going to shut my mouth until I check. Sorry guys.

I’m going to stop posting until I read all my post it stickers all the house. The engineer was talking about the Sov and IB...not recovery. Keeping up with 2 fairly new machines has me confused.