Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Depth is not really what I want.....

sandnut

What I do want is a detector that can go in a place full of trash, like the bottom of a trash can, and still find coins and jewelry .Is the v3i that monster? Where I will be hunting is a white sand beach with small iron chunks everywhere and also tons and tons of trash. Mineralization I don't think there is much at all , I use a Tesoro Silver uMax in the same area.If the v3i is the machine that will work for me I would like to get a 6 X 10 coil for it. Thank you all for your insight on this subject. :thumbup:

I'm quite happy with the trash performance of the v . I hunt trashy parks pounded by other detectorists and still come out with old deep coins . Imo the value of the v is being able to sort out trash like bottle caps easily and iron falses, from coins . Like any detector it takes a bit to learn but once u learn the v it's the best out there imo . It's not uncommon to find coins with nails in the same hole .iron flakes are 0 is sure from me with the v

I use my V3i with the Ultimate 13 coil in some highly trash areas. I've found gold rings and coins in highly trashed areas. But if you really want to separate the trash and identify the target run the 4 x 6 coil. T will also hit 6 to 6 inches depending on you soil.

I do believe White's is the way to go. Personally I go to on my DFX when Depth is not as important as great target ID.

When you say "place full of trash" I take that as more than one target under the the stock 10" coil on every swing. A smaller coil is the first thing to address. Next, assuming you found the best filter for your soil and get a clean ground balance, reduced sensitivity, and have the discriminator "open" to reduce masking and know what is under the coil...The best I can offer is get familiar with the recovery delay and how to match it with sweep speed and coil size (width). Now I have experimented with scenarios that copy the nail board test and the V3i can perform better than I expected. I even have been able to cleanly detect a coin under an iron square nail IF the nail is lying vertical on the coin to my sweep. If its horizontal I don't pick out the coin so changing the direction of your search / swing helps unmask targets. It's no Deus or Racer but it will surprise you. Make sure you take the time to practice with multiple targets of different types just an inch or two apart while adjusting for YOUR swing rate and coil size. The V3i is an amazing detector that gets maligned by those who would rather turn on and go instead of tune, tweak and practice. I can understand that, I own a few turn on and go units that have earned their place in my detector arsenal.

I like its ID but the depth is not as I would want. I prefer other detectors for depth and separation. I would give U my pics but do not want to offend. Can PM if U want my suggestion.