Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Depth lost with tight pattern E-Trac

WV62

Just thought I would share this bit of info for those that don't know you can lose a lot of depth with a tight pattern. The attached picture shows the smallest open area to get max depth for a silver dime.
Hope this helps,

minuim SD box.PNG

The rest of the story,
Open for max depth,

I tested each of the items I like to hunt which are old coins and gold rings. I started with an open pattern on each item and got the home cell for each. Then I would close one full line of Fe cells one at a time until the detection depth dropped and backed off one line. I did this from top down and bottom up to the home cell.

I did the same with Co columns from side to side.

So the result was the smallest open box I could get and still get max depth.

Now this is not what I would call a pattern to hunt with, but more as a base to work a pattern from to maintain max depth for the pattern.

Now it you wanted to clean up those surface coins after the ball game you could close those boxes down a lot.

Now that gold ring I used was my wedding band and that is the box for that one ring. Rings could be any size, so for me gold could come in anywhere along that Co area. But Fe up and down was rally all I needed to keep open for max depth.

For me this is the first thing in line for depth and then my settings take over from there.

You guys may want do some testing on what you and see what box size you come up with.

Hope this helps some,

Ron

Max depth boxes.PNG

What you’re doing is important Ron, because YOU are figuring out how to optimize the machine for YOUR targets of choice. Sometimes conversations get very distorted when it comes to this stuff, but the realization has to be made that whatever you can do to increase your odds is what you want to do. It takes time, but saves time and energy. Will we all miss SOMETHING by not digging EVERYTHING? Yes. But there’s a trade off, and trying to skew the odds in YOUR favor to me is a good investment of time.