Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Depth Question

Rob183

My machine came with 1.09 and I loaded 1.11, today I picked up the upgrade kit with the LG30. I went to my test garden and barely got a squeak on a silver dollar at 9 inches, rechecked with my Tesoro Compadre and the signal was loud and clear. I even did a factory reset wit the new coil. I tried all frequencies and modes, the only signal I could get was M1 in Park and Field. Any suggestions? I know that the Compadre is a powerhouse but I was expecting a bit more from this machine. The upgrade kit sure made it lighter though.

My machine came with 1.09 and I loaded 1.11, today I picked up the upgrade kit with the LG30. I went to my test garden and barely got a squeak on a silver dollar at 9 inches, rechecked with my Tesoro Compadre and the signal was loud and clear. I even did a factory reset wit the new coil. I tried all frequencies and modes, the only signal I could get was M1 in Park and Field. Any suggestions? I know that the Compadre is a powerhouse but I was expecting a bit more from this machine. The upgrade kit sure made it lighter though.
Some have said. Either the download didn't load right. And a few are saying as you. Lost depth.
Try loading again. Do the reset before and after.
Hopefully if nothing else go back to the 1.09 or 1.10 until there's a fix.
Talk to ollcoot.

Compare the LG30 with the LG28. They should be close to the same, the LG28 with a slight edge.

Question while on 1.11 how high was your sensitivity and what kind of ground are you detecting, mild ground, highly mineralized, somewhere in between or what, what I am finding if you run the Legend with maxed out sensitivity (30) it seems to loose some depth running 1.11, when I had 1.09 on one of my Legends I could run my sensitivity up around 27-29 and it did ok but with 1.11 I am finding if I try to run my sensitivity at 27-29 it seems to really affect the depth severely with a pretty bad loss of depth but when I back my sensitivity down to around 15-24 most of the time I am at 22- 23 on the sensitivity and have actually ran my sensitivity as low as 15

I do not know what it is but my theory is that 1.11 is a little hotter than 1.09 and running at max sensitivity while running 1.11 adversely affects the Legends depth, (Do I Know This for sure NO) I can only tell other Legend user what I am seeing and give my opinion.

I am digging clad quarters at 9+ inches with 1.11 and 1.09 to get them with 1.09 I do run a higher sensitivity though than the 18-24 range that I can hit them with 1.11 at, 1.09 I am always up at 26-28 on sensitivity

my ground I detect is highly mineralized

Upgrade kit ?

Question while on 1.11 how high was your sensitivity and what kind of ground are you detecting, mild ground, highly mineralized, somewhere in between or what, what I am finding if you run the Legend with maxed out sensitivity (30) it seems to loose some depth running 1.11, when I had 1.09 on one of my Legends I could run my sensitivity up around 27-29 and it did ok but with 1.11 I am finding if I try to run my sensitivity at 27-29 it seems to really affect the depth severely with a pretty bad loss of depth but when I back my sensitivity down to around 15-24 most of the time I am at 22- 23 on the sensitivity and have actually ran my sensitivity as low as 15

I do not know what it is but my theory is that 1.11 is a little hotter than 1.09 and running at max sensitivity while running 1.11 adversely affects the Legends depth, (Do I Know This for sure NO) I can only tell other Legend user what I am seeing and give my opinion.

I am digging clad quarters at 9+ inches with 1.11 and 1.09 to get them with 1.09 I do run a higher sensitivity though than the 18-24 range that I can hit them with 1.11 at, 1.09 I am always up at 26-28 on sensitivity

my ground I detect is highly mineralized
I had to lower sensitivity to upper teens due to the chatter. I may revert back to 1.09 and see how it does.

I had to lower sensitivity to upper teens due to the chatter. I may revert back to 1.09 and see how it does.
As Odanscoils just ask did you ground balance, just trying to work through everything you have tried before suggesting to you to contact Nokta and get your Legend in for repair or replacement of the main board, it does sound like you have an issue with yours

I would try one more thing and this is what fixed one of my Legends I have two and I use the first one I received as a tester unit.

Try deleting all the 1.11 files you have on your PC, then go to Nokta site and re download a new fresh 1.11, extract the files from the fresh download and then re install 1.11 onto your Legend, and then see how it works and let us know the outcome, i had to do this and it actually fixed one of my Legends that I was having similar issues as you

As Odanscoils just ask did you ground balance, just trying to work through everything you have tried before suggesting to you to contact Nokta and get your Legend in for repair or replacement of the main board, it does sound like you have an issue with yours

I would try one more thing and this is what fixed one of my Legends I have two and I use the first one I received as a tester unit.

Try deleting all the 1.11 files you have on your PC, then go to Nokta site and re download a new fresh 1.11, extract the files from the fresh download and then re install 1.11 onto your Legend, and then see how it works and let us know the outcome, i had to do this and it actually fixed one of my Legends that I was having similar issues as you
I will try the new download today, thank you.

I deleted all previous drivers and downloads and reinstalled the software, now I can't get my detector connected, starting to think this machine is a Legendary Failure.

I deleted all previous drivers and downloads and reinstalled the software, now I can't get my detector connected, starting to think this machine is a Legendary Failure.
Nope.
Do it again.
Mine took three tries.
Do reset Before and After.
It seems like it doesn't get all the data the first time.
Or go back to 1.09 or 1.10 beta 3. If it's there.
Be patient go slow.
It kept skipping a step when I did it.
Could be my twitchy finger did it.
Good Luck.

when you connect the cable to your PC do you hear an alert from your PC, alerting you that you have just connected something into one of the USB ports on your PC, if no then unplug the USB cable from your PC and plug it in again, also make sure the cable connection at the Legend is fully seated into your Legend, start the connection at the Legend then tighten a little then push the connector in again and tighten a little more do this until you are absolutely sure the cable at the Legend is fully seated and tight, then go through the steps to up date and follow the directions exactly as they come up, if you see that circle going around on your pc screen it has not recognized your Legend yet, but give it a few seconds to recognize your legend if that circle continues to be there then unplug from your PC and plug into a new USB port

Last edited:
I will send you a PM with my phone number if you would like and help you through it over the phone, which for me is easier than trying to type all this crap LOL.

Nope.
Do it again.
Mine took three tries.
Do reset Before and After.
It seems like it doesn't get all the data the first time.
Or go back to 1.09 or 1.10 beta 3. If it's there.
Be patient go slow.
It kept skipping a step when I did it.
Could be my twitchy finger did it.
Good Luck.
Finally got it to take, took about 10 attempts. It's finally picking things up. Thought I was losing my mind LOL.

Finally got it to take, took about 10 attempts. It's finally picking things up. Thought I was losing my mind LOL.
yep been there and done that, the first time I updated my first Legend it took 17 hours before the update finally installed and I was ready to take a sledge hammer to that Legend and 4 computers, when it finally decided to install there was no rhyme or reason as to why it did, I was literally screaming at the top of my lungs at my PCs and Legend

Glad you got it to work

yep been there and done that, the first time I updated my first Legend it took 17 hours before the update finally installed and I was ready to take a sledge hammer to that Legend and 4 computers, when it finally decided to install there was no rhyme or reason as to why it did, I was literally screaming at the top of my lungs at my PCs and Legend

Glad you got it to work
OK,
I had to laugh when reading this reply ! …..You remind me of me ! lol !…..I don’t think that there were too many folks who were able to go up to a new OS without problems!

Glad you got it to work
Oh wow. I've only ever been that mad at a minibike that stopped running when I was a weee bit younger. I beat that motor with a sledgehammer.
Short story. It never ran again. 😁

OK,
I had to laugh when reading this reply ! …..You remind me of me ! lol !…..I don’t think that there were too many folks who were able to go up to a new OS without problems!
that very first update tool that Nokta/Macro put out with the first through the fifth update was a pain in the Butt, and every time a new update came out I was sweating bullets, because you never knew whether the install was going to work or if you were going to spend hours screaming at your PC and Legend or if you were going to break something, my wife would move off into another room and I could hear her in there laughing at me, the new update tool did not come out until after 1.09 was released to us, and I will say the new update tool is great