Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Depth?

What would be the deepest settings on the 800 in neutral soil?
You are going to get a lot of different responses with this question... so be prepared to make your own decision.
With my Nox-600. (Close to Nox 800)
In a city park, with Zero EMI, With a damn Good ground ballance, running Field-1 with sensitivity at 23 and a recovery at 2 with zero Iron bias. I clearly detected, and identified what I believed to be a Nickel. It showed 5 Arrows...!
I did recover a Nickel at 14 inches..!! 💥
But I've never repeated this event again..!
You be the judge..!

I have had the same experience on deep nickels as Fastdraw in Park 2 and Field 2. Detecting high conductor clad and silver coins and jewelry at 10 to 13" happens to me often. But, it is those deep low to mid conductors that actually sound like and display low to mid conductor numbers at 12 to 14" that really set the Equinox apart from detectors at or above the same price. So if raw depth is your biggest need there are several VLFs that might slightly beat out the Equinox. If really good raw depth AND accurate target ID are important, look no further than the Equinox.

I have no skin in the soil game, or experience. But there are some whispering about people searching in one frequency and not using multi frequency. I am not just talking about the new 4khz either.

U2robert, don’t forget about moisture and your soil conditions.
In red clay I don’t get depth with any detector - after a good soaking I do get deeper in that area.
At one point I dug a whole and buried a nickel at 1 foot to test my machine. You can do the same - testing for yourself in your area will
Benefit you big time.
Tony