Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detech 15" DD GPX sprial coil, very impressed.

Wow Paul, I want to know how you did that transformation of the GPX to the Deus setup? Was is hard to do? Any tricks to make it look like yours?

Thank you sir. That looks freaking AWESOME!

Bubba

Thanks bubba,

No tricks, auctally was the easy just need to remount the GB button off the stock T-Handle onto the Deus.

However, still need the Hipstick for larger coils especially with the 15" Detech. Someone else is converting their GPX into the Deus shaft, I really like mind allot.

Thsnks bubba,
Paul

Hello bubba,

Here are several pictures, showing the Deus shaft setup. Please note the coil cable vecro tie wraps, these are important so the upper & lower shaft can collapse. Plus, the button position with its thin wire needs to be arranged so when the upper shaft is collasped the button with thin wire follows the upper shaft. Also, recently started using the hipstick. Added the bungie cord mounting bracket onto the shaft, so now need to loosen the plastic bracket bolts so the upper shaft will slide, just loosen a few turns not too much and retighten when opening up the shaft.

My main reasoning for the Deus shaft is not for weight purposes but for transporting the detector, much easier to carry onto a site or transfering from an automobile. I've even carried this setup in a backpack, with smaller coils of course.

Really like this setuo on the GPX, mainly for carrying purposes or transporting to site.

HH, Paul

Thank you so much Paul! I REALLY REALLY like the way you have this SET UP! My only question I guess is mounting the ML hardware onto the Deus shaft. Was that fairly easy to do? Also, are there any tricks to mounting the coil at the bottom?

Thanks again buddy!
Bubba

Hello bubba,

Can't remember if I added a rubber washer to the lower shaft? I'll take a look tomorrow and get back with you.

Plus post a closeup pic of the mounting onto the shaft below the arm rest. If memory serves me right, was a hassle drilling and mounting the control box mounting bracket.

Let me take a look and post a pic tomorrow.

HH, Paul

Hello bubba,

Took two pictures this morning, one the rod connected to coil, the other the housing connected to rear shaft.

For some reason the coil pic didn't load to phone. But as far as I can tell may have added a rubber washer?

The rear housing. Had to drill into the Deus shaft, hopefully the photo shows how its mounted.

Really like the shaft setup, like I mentioned It's more for storage, and transporting to site purposes.

Hope the pic shows.

HH, Paul

steve herschbach said:
Fletch88 said:
Steve, yes that is primarily my intended use for relics in bad VA soil. I have been to 2 of these hunts and had a 4800 on one and a TDI Pro on the other. I did fairly well each time but will say the TDI definitely is no GPX but will get you in the ballpark over a VLF. I used a CTX for just a brief minute and tried to pick up a few 3 ringers I just barely buried 4-5" deep. I quickly went back to the TDI after the CTX wouldn't enem make a peep on them! (GB was on too!)

Kind of scary what happens to even the best VLF detectors in real bad ground. Most people simply will not believe it unless they see it. My ground here in Reno is similar with coins becoming near undetectable deeper than 5". What is really fun is seeing shallow coins clearly identified as a ferrous target by a VLF. The only good news about it is that it means a remarkable number of good finds remain to be made by those willing to go to extremes with the technology.

The TDI is a real bang for the buck machine, no doubt about it.

Just found the same situation in Japan beach, Minelab explorer went crazy, have to come next time with Minelab F 1.