Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detech Arrow coil

Ronstar

Has anyone any info or experience with the 18x4” Arrow coil? I can see some advantage having something like this but also its drawbacks. Just wondering……

Forgot the pic

Attachments

• D74E37AC-748F-498E-B8CB-6A4519233FEA.png
    D74E37AC-748F-498E-B8CB-6A4519233FEA.png
    946.1 KB · Views: 155
I called detector electronics about this coil, to see if they had it fire the vx3 last week. They didn't,but did have several in stock for other machines

I do see its available for several makes and models. Looking for someone with hands on thoughts/impressions/experience.

I’m thinking your gonna hafto guinipig That Coil for your answers, most guys aren’t shelling out $250 for a coil. I’ve looked also for reviews, not much out there at all.

Hi. That is a very nice coil and covers a lot of ground by one sweep. Runs on all of my 3 detectors. MXT, DFX and VX3. On the VX3 it runs very stable in 3-freq. mode. Made a vid showing how easy p/p with this giant is as it works different compared to a big-foot coil, I was told.

Vito, noticed you PP at the tip of the Arrow and center on the 7”. Both appear accurate but does it PP on center as well or just your preference?? Thanks for the video!!!

Hello Ronstar. Thanks for the reply. There was a discussion on how exact the Arrow will p/p. From the past using my ML Sov-GT it was a mess to p/p with the 10 inch DD and I dug really big holes. Later While using the White's 6x10 DD Eclipse and the 1400 DD Deepscan Eclipse it was very easy to p/p. I tried to hit the target with the Arrow's coil center, but p/p to the tip is dead on. There is nothing wrong to using it that way as it saves a lot of digging time and yes, I prefer this method.

Good to know!! The 12x10 SEF and the smaller Sharpshooter I use with my F75 pp directly under the coil bolt, or dead center. I’ve not tried to use the tip on either but under stand it works as well.

Thanks for the reply Vito.

How well is it performing ?
Depth
Pinpoint
On the bigfoot and clean sweep I pinpoint of the toe.
Multiple targets has always been interesting.
Hello Odanscoils. Pinpoint is really easy to me using the coils tip. Have not tried it in the coils center but will do in my beach-vacation, but that will have to wait some time...:rolleyes:

What whites do you have it on? I called metal detector .com and they said there’s none made for the Vx3
Hello Woodbutcher. I ordered one of these fine coils for my MXT, DFX, VX3 and have to say it works like a charm on all 3 detectors, even on the VX3 in 3 freq mode. I really do have a wide range of coils for my White's detectors and I have to say the 1400 Deepscan DD Eclipse will work on the VX3 too. Had tested this on a V3i also but I no longer have access to it.
May be I have some sort of luck with my White's...who knows.:cool: