Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting a non ferrous target amongst iron nail/s at varied depth/s.......

david.di

Has anyone been able to detect a non ferrous, good target in an air test using the Etrac with stock coil(or indicate other), with it being approx as indicated in this picture?
This would include placing a nail on top poly tube(used to hold nail at varying level) directly above, at least 1 inch over the coin target.

Could you please post your *.mode or indicate your settings?

Your welcomed to comment on this.

thanks

david di

Aaahh... thas a good one...

I've done this test similarly, and my conclusion was that it's all about the angle of the nail... you can get it but the nails have to be "in-line" with the middle of the coil.

try quickmask, fe#'s 30-35 blanked out, fast-on, conductive-multi sounds, auto sens or manual w/out falsing...

you should pick up the nonferrous target... remove target and the nails should null... that's why it's best to hit a promising site from different angles because in real world detecting you can't dictate the location of the ferrous objects in relation to the goodies. Also note the fe #'s on the coin being so close to iron as opposed to just the coin being detected. less disc is better IMO

try different sweep speeds, you will find that slower is better for seperation...

2 zincs, let us know & HH

Dean

McDean is right.....depends on the direction of the "nail" in relation to the coil. That is in regular coin mode.....I have used a piece of steel approx. 3" in diameter and placed it over a quarter with no coin tone only nulling....I set the coin approx. 1" off the 3" disk and got a null with reg. coin mode but it rang out in TTF....Just have to decide at the location you are detecting....TTF is good but I hate having to look at each beep to see if VDI is something good.....Dennis

I have on numerous occasions found coins (both silver , clad , and copper, as well as Tokens) That were pretty iffy signals. Many sounding off one direction, and nulling or breaking up from a apposite direction. When this happens I switch over to Quick Mask using a open screen, and circle the target using only about a one or two inch swing as I turn.

I watch the screen and if the target box stays in the lower right hand corner I walk away from it as it is iron. If the target stays in the upper mid section of the screen I always dig it. Some times it will show the target bouncing from mid screen to the lower right hand corner and back again. This usually is because it is showing both targets.
I have dug many coins and tokens doing this and will find rusted nails or some other rusted object in the hole with the good target. Often laying right across the good target.

Rick : IL