Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:detecting:curb strip goodies , beat down merc , and a gold ring !

bbqman

Hit a new curb strip this morning and got an assortment of stuff. 7 wheaties, `12,`25,`27,29,`32,`48,`57, a lawn mower chopped `43 merc, a gold plated pocket watch rim, an old dog dag, a token,Capplin&Lindenbaum (10 on reverse), and an ancient worn 10k gold class ring sans the stone, I really looked hard for that stone :). You guys look at it and see if you think it says `16 or `18 in the pic. Had a fun 2 hour hunt to go along with 3 others about that long the 3 days prior. Back to work tommorow, but the 8 or so hours I spent the last 4 days days have been very fun and pretty productive. I know I`m posting a lot of stuff and you people who have been using the Explorer SE Pro and other Explorers probably have a big yawn when you see the mulitiple posts, but Man, how excited I am about this machine! It`s going to take a long time for me to get jaded ! Thanks for looking and thanks for the rain wishes , we got some last evening along with golf ball sized hail, but we will take it. It was bit moister in that old dirt today. HH :)

Cool finds !! CONGRATS !! I LOVE HUNTIN THOSE STRIPS !! and the Explorer i can relate itsa hole new ball game I love mine an im still im the presets :detecting:

Nice ! I gotta start doing curb strips in my town too. I was thinking about waiting until mid-summer when I can go out after dark and beat the bugs.

Awesome! A big congrats!:thumbup:
Theres nothing that compares to finding gold!

Excellent hunting! I love those curb strips too since so many people give up on them because they are usually trashy. That ring looks like a "16" to me. That's one of the oldest class rings I've ever seen. I tried to research the token but had no luck. The side with the 10 on it is not real common and looks like it is late 1800s -early 1900s vintage. It may be even older. You may want to check with the historical society in your area to see if they can track it down or else go to your local library and go through some old city directories. There's a good chance it is from your area. If it is from Texas and is not in the Texas token book (sorry - I don't have a copy of that book), it may be worth some money. Hope you get some more rain and thanks for showing your finds. HH

I've found silver there too, still wating for real gold.....nice token, that merc has a story behind it, and sweet gold!

Nice finds Randy. I would indeed say that something "layed the smackdown" on the merc...but it just adds some mystery to the find.:thumbup: