Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting Day With My Son

JMT Detectors

Being a proud father I have to share this with you guys. I took my son Cade out detecting with me to an old one room school house site. He's somewhat small for his age and we had a hard time finding a detector light weight enough for him yet still good enough to have some performance. I decided on a Teknetics Digitek youth size with a 7" coil. Well guess what! What can I say? He kicked my butt...Lol! Not only did he find his first coins...they were great finds! First he found a nice early "V" nickel and about 20 minutes later he was digging up a beautiful 1902 Indian Head penny. Guess what ole dad found?? Some old "ate up" shotgun shells and junk in general...Lol! I was and am a proud "dad". Yesterday was the best treasure I could find... which was me being out there with my son. The moments that are priceless!! Thanks for letting me share this with you...John

Enjoy every moment you can with that young man. Those moments are very precious Far too soon he will be grown and raising a family of his own. Congratulate that young man on those outstanding finds and kicking dads butt.

Yes. I gave him several "High Fives" and as many hugs as I could get away with...Lol!! Thanks guys...John

n/t

Making some great memory's there:thumbup:

Cade put it on dear 'ol Dad, I love it...LOL...You are blessed John, high 5 !!!!!

Way to go Cade on those Awesome finds!! Congrats to Dad for putting him on the right spot, that's good research. Keep us posted on the next hunts.....:super:

Hats off to you Dad & congrats on putting your son first and spending quaility time with him on a hobby that will get him out of the house away from TV & video games. Congrats to Cade on such awsome finds and wishing you both many more great finds out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

What a great story and some great finds. :) Bet that made his day...as well as yours too.

We're planning to go this weekend to another old site. Got to take him while he still wants to go...Lol!! Everything is treasure to him at his age...:) He found an old old rusty wrench a couple weeks ago and it was the greatest thing in the world to him. Got to love it!! Thanks for all the kind words...John

Excellent job Cade on your nice find!!! Great day for setting memories Dad!!!