Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting Innovations Shaft

searchinsd

I am thinking about getting one of the telescopic carbon fiber shafts made by Detecting Innovations--would appreciate any thoughts from anyone using one currently. Mostly are they durable?

I have no idea where you hunt, but for me, a total beach hunter, this wouldn't work. It would only take a few minutes before sand got into the joints and gum up the works.

If you're a land hunter, perhaps a much different story.

If you keep it clean, it's seems like a nice design for compact traveling.

Just the view from my sandy foxhole...

I’m not familiar with the Detecting Innovations Shafts but one of our members makes excellent custom shafts for the Equinox. You can see what he offers at: StevesDetectorRods.com

I think the one you refer to is the Teleknox. This is telescopic. I use one and find it much better than the standard nox shafts. The one i bought is red and looks great.
Lighter to swing and collapses down to a very small length. No wobble rock solid sweeping. Under the arm cup will need a turn of insulating tape wrapping round the part of the shaft the arm cup fixes to.
this make's a tight arm cup fit , i failed to do this on mine and found the slight play in the arm cup made the threads on the screw chewed up with time. Had to buy a new arm cup assembly.