Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting made the online national news!!

I just saw this on MSN.com and thought you may find it interesting.

http://money.msn.com/saving-money/article.aspx?post=95e45468-fc44-409b-a461-d9c64181f702&GT1=33026

You may want to hit those spots you have been thinking about before the folks now marching down to their local retail outlets to buy up all the detectors do it for you!!

The Shark

ughh...good grief.....be prepared to see the parks looking like a minefield after an earthquake. Hopefully all new treasure hunters follow the code of conduct.

I'm dreading the day when they broadcast a TV show about detecting :yikes: I used to go to quite a few of those storage unit auctions, and sometimes did fairly well. Since the "Reality" shows came out the auctions are a complete waste of time! When there used to be 20 bidders, there are now 100+ and high bids have gone through the roof. :ranting:

ZOFCHAK said:
I'm dreading the day when they broadcast a TV show about detecting :yikes: I used to go to quite a few of those storage unit auctions, and sometimes did fairly well. Since the "Reality" shows came out the auctions are a complete waste of time! When there used to be 20 bidders, there are now 100+ and high bids have gone through the roof. :ranting:

ZOFCHAK is right. If they ever produce a reality show about metal detecting it will destroy the hobby. All public areas will end up being closed to detectorists. I also go to storage unit auctions and there are now 4-5 times the number of bidders that used to be there and prices have gone sky high. Everyone thinks its a get rich quick thing. The same will happen if someone ever airs a detecting reality show. REALITY CHECK: you don't get rich by going to auctions and you don't get rich by using a metal detector. (At least most of us don't get rich that way.)

You guys are so right... Anybody who buys a detector thinking they're going to get rich better think again. I do most of my detecting at the beach. I usually spend more for the parking meter than I find. It doesn't bother me 'cause I'm with my beautiful wife and awesome 3 year old son. he drags the digger around and has a ball at the waters edge. We play for awhile and we MD for awhile. I don't care if all I find is one penny as long as I'm spending time with my family. HH Jack from south eastern New Hampshire