Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting software for a cell phone?

johnwon

Does anyone know if software exists that will allow me to capture the GPS coordinates and maybe other info about my finds on my Windows Mobile 6 phone? It has built in GPS and camera and I think this would make it easier to log the info real time instead of having to write it all down for later.

Thanks,
John

Don't know about software, but right now I am reading a lot about GPS. I do know that the GPS found on cell phones are pretty limited and act more like the hand held portable GPS's that don't command the price like the automotive type. And on the more expensive automotive type, you can save your position to favorites, and the higher priced on are a one click option to mark a certain spot.

Yeah, I have a Garmin in my truck that will save the points which is really nice, however, it would be very bulky to carry around on the beach - I always have my AT&T Tilt on my side. I normally put it in a small zip lock bag when I'm at the beach. It was just a thought - maybe I can find something for hiking or another hobby that would cross over easily. Thanks for the thought.

John

I use a variety of programs on my tilt. Pocket streets and trips is great for tracking where you are and you finds. I also use Vito Technology Navigator II. The problem is these programs are no longer available unless you bought them in the hay day. Not everything is subscription based. I also have windows live and google maps which are nice also. Not sure if this is still a topic for you but I thought I'd put in my two cents.