Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting the Past

eagle52

On September 18th I ordered CP6 headphones from Detecting the Past ( found them in Andy's book)
No headphones ,no communication of any kind .
Anyone knows if they are in business or just bunch of ignorant people ?
Could someone help me ,any information ?
Thank you
Jan L.

I am in the same situation, ordered on Sept 15 and have not recieved them. They have not responded to my inquiries by e-mail and phone. Have opened a dispute through Paypal. I am told by USPS that it can get held up in customs but I am concerned by their lack of response.

Dalpal

Having dealt with Geoff at Detecting The Past for some time, I can assure you that not responding is atypical for him and he ships on a regular basis. There may be something up on his end.

I will try to reach him and post an update but I would not worry about him not shipping your products as he ships worldwide with an excellent track record. I will say that shipping times seem to vary once he gets them in the mail - I have orders arrive in 4 days and then the next one takes 2 weeks.

I would not promote a product in the book that is not on the level and Chefphones has a solid reputation as they have been building headphones for years so I will try to get to the bottom of this

Andy

I also ordered the phones form him via eBay. It took over 5 weeks for them to arrive and I had the same problem with communication. He also advertised a case with them which I have never received and he will not even reply to my emails. I have to say though I love these headphones. They are very comfortable the sound is much clearer than the back bones and the nice thing is you still have the option to use the back bones unlike the XP's WS5.

The lack of communication on the part of Geoff from Detecting the Past was totally out of character from his past dealings with treasure hunters from around the world which was the basis for my earlier post on the subject here.

I have found out that Geoff suffered a major medical condition which has taken him out of commission for a while and he is trying to recuperate and return to his business. Family has come to his aid and is trying to hold things together until he is able to return . . . . they are working through the backlog and addressing orders as quickly as they can.

Assurance was given that issues will be corrected . . . .but his family asked for the understanding that things are not running as smoothly as when Geoff was at the helm.

We should all keep Geoff (and his family) in our thoughts and prayers as he works to get through this challenging time.

I wanted to provide this update for those that were wondering about their orders

Andy

I will see what update I can get and provide it here but again, I was assured that the orders will be filled . . . and the family apologizes for the delays

Andy

Wondering if anyone has an update on this situation as another thread has been started with the same problems?

Thanks for this information Andy. I pray that he recovers from his illness and may the Lord bless his family for what they are doing for him.

I was concerned and curious if something like this was the matter. I apologize for not searching this forum for an answer.

No hurry now anyway as you know my detecting has been put on hold for a while now that the cold white stuff has the ground covered.

Jeff