Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting with Two Different Filter/Recovery Speeds Simultaneously.

I have been using a method of detecting that I find useful, and I thought I would share it.

My general search preference is a very slow sweep speed, with my recovery delay set very high (90) and my filters set low (7.5 Hz, High Pass or lower) to compensate for my slow sweep. When I get a deep questionable target, it is not always easy to get a clear tone in certain conditions. Sometimes I find that a quicker coil movement can get a VDI where the slower speed is unable. One of the nice features of the V3(i) is the ability to switch to a different setting with a quick switch of the toggle. By unchecking the "Match Search" box in the Analysis configuration, I am able to easily change to a quicker sweep speed by moving the toggle switch forward, which changes my filter to the 10 Hz High Pass, and speeding up my recovery delay to 60. Often this is enough to clear up some of the broken tones that deep targets sometimes give.

Hey this might actually be a reason to run the analysis mode.:devil:

Rob (IL) said:
Hey this might actually be a reason to run the analysis mode.:devil:

I guess you are not a fan of the analyze mode?

FYI, I find the Polar Plot more useful than the sizing profile.

This is a very good concept Neil. Thanks for sharing this! I am going to try this. Wow, very cool.

FYI: Polar plot and the Sizing profile are both useless in my opinion on deeper targets. It's all about alignment in motion mode and frequency dominance in pin point. That's all I seem to need. :)

Yep, I am not a fan of either. I feel I get all my info I need like Jack. I believe Larry does also. This would be a good cross check with two filters though.

I agree, but I think I will use Neils tip. Someone touched on that concept last year if my memory serves me right but apparently no one until Neil, picked up the ball and ran with it.

It might have been Anne that mentioned the duel screen search mode.

No idea whether I mentioned it earlier or not :).

For those that don't like the analysis graphs, but prefer the spectragraph, you can set it up to have the spectragraph in both normal trigger and trigger locked positions. You don't need to have an "analysis" graph on the trigger locked position to have the option that Neil talked about. Unchecking the match search is only related to the position of the trigger and having the trigger locked position being in a search mode - the type of display is irrelevant. But, if you make the trigger locked position into a pinpoint mode, then there will be no effect with that option.

Thank you Anne. Always great to hear from you.

Thanks to Neil and Anne, I have a new setup to try.

For analysis I chose Spectragraph, and turn match off. I don't find the analysis screens reliable for the deeper targets.

With the flip of the switch, I can hunt in two frequencies like 5HZ and 10 HZ. Now this is nice.

Trigger normal - 5hz spectragraph
Trigger forward - 10hz spectragraph
Trigger pulled - pinpoint

You don't have to G/B between. You're not changing frequency or gain or TX boost.

This is so cool! It was there all the time waiting for someone like Neil to find it. Awesome! Now only if we could do Single frequency motion mode, and multi frequency pin point with the squeeze of a trigger.

That would be great. That was covered before.

Rob (IL) said:
Thanks to Neil and Anne, I have a new setup to try.

For analysis I chose Spectragraph, and turn match off. I don't find the analysis screens reliable for the deeper targets.

With the flip of the switch, I can hunt in two frequencies like 5KHZ and 10 KHZ. Now this is nice.

Trigger normal - 5khz spectragraph
Trigger forward - 10Khz spectragraph
Trigger pulled - pinpoint

You don't have to G/B between. You're not changing frequency or gain or TX boost.

Just to clarify, Rob. You mean 5Hz & 10 Hz (you put khz). We are talking about filters and not transmit frequencies. :detecting:

You are right, just a habit. 5HZ and 10HZ.

Thanks for the tip Neil. Can't wait to try it in the field. Now if it would just get warmer here in Pa.

Thanks Neil, I thought about the title of your thread and new what you wear going to say befor i read it, Match off????? but did not know quiet how to do it, So Thanks, Mickfin

Butt ate leest ah speel corectly.:devil:

But being a smart azz doesn't make you the smartest azz on the forum. Sometimes a little consideration goes farther than wisdom.Not all people are as fortunate as others with knowledge and the workings of detecting.Lighten up take a chill pill. Yazoo

My apologies Yazoo, I altered Rob's post in jest. Some liberties were taken to poke fun at each other and no malice was intended towards others.