Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detector Truck Rack-------

Trocar

[size=medium]If you're like me, I carry way too many detectors to hunt with. Half the time everything is all tangled and I can't get to what I need.-Here are some photos of a modification I made on my truck cap. I saw this at the last B&G hunt and thought it was a great idea. I didn't come up with this idea, I wish I knew who it was to give him the credit. I just changed it a bit so I could slide the hooks on the bar to accommodate any detector. I made this from Stainless angle-iron and aluminum rods. It sure cleaned up the floor space in my truck bed and gave me extra room. I can make some drawing if anyone is interested. Just send me a PM. -----------When I'm not hunting, I could always cure Hams in my truck!
[/size]

That is so cool, I was thinking the other day how I didn't like the MD's in the back of the van and thought about making a rack on each side by the back window for each one, I only have two, but I do want lots more. But anyways I don't really think that one person thought it up, it's just how we all think. You know that great minds think alike, but I can take credit for it if you want me to. Yes thanks for the credit, I thought of it one day while on the pooper, thats where I come up with all my great ideas, its just so easy to think while taking a poopy you know. LOL great job on the rack.

I'm going to adapt it to my toon (pirate barge) to get all those tectors off the floor. It has a sheet metal roof that is just begging to have metal detectors and/or fishing poles hanging neatly up out of the way.

Thanks for sharing!

Steve :)

Looks too visable...Neat to tint those windows on the cap...Too tempting for the hooligans to steal em...

HH,

I have been trying to come up with a simular idea for my explorer only it would go sideways like maybe using a pet cage and hanging them. The other thought is there are some online palces that sell a storage bok that fits in the back and third row area but I don't think any I have seen so far are either deep or tall enough. The two goals are to Protect & organize. Still working on it though. Your truck cab idea is real nice.

GoGoGopher said:
Looks too visable...Neat to tint those windows on the cap...Too tempting for the hooligans to steal em...

HH,

Ditto

HH
Jeff

Excellent idea.
Would you mind if I use it in it's present configuration, or with variations?

FlexiPouchSoftStorage_1.jpg

FlexiPouchSoftStorage_2.jpg

Truck cap window tint.......one can satin black spray paint, spray from inside, don't worry about being able to see light from inside, when ya look from outside....no can see! then it really makes crooks curious:blink:.......NGE

The home do-it centers sell a spray on "frosted glass" that allows light to come through but makes visibility of what is inside impossible. It is in the spray paint section.

:beers:

Nice setup. Love the truck as well. I have the same truck it looks like. Tough truck and nice setup. Something for me to work on.

[size=large]It's a great truck. 1998 and it just turned over 201,600 miles and runs like a clock but if you have to replace the STARTER better take it to the shop. It is a terrible jobs to do by yourself.[/size]

Very Nice, and you put alot of work into it. But I agree on issue of thief, I plan on a trip in a few years and plan on making a large aluminum box with a couple locks, Bolted to the floor and the nuts welded to the bolts. With maybe some kinda rack in the tool box/detector safe to keep things organized, It will slow them down and they may try steal the van, but that I learned along time ago to put a manual cut off valve on the gas line on Vehicle that are of value..........

But A very Nice Job, Looks like they will be ready to roll when you hit your hunt site.................and if they come in with you every night..all will be well I;m sure.