Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detectors Involved in Looting Civil War Battlefield

Berryman I just posted an article from Fox News about this as I did not see your post. Thankfully the vast majority of us respect the understandable prohibitions of detecting on protected lands. Thanks for sharing the article.

let's just hope their caught and prosecuted .....

The last time the park service found and cried "Looters" it turned out to be squirrels,but the media had already done it's hatchet job.

Nothing new here, it's been going on since recreational metal detectors were made 60 years ago and it will continue because it is human nature for some people to break the law thinking they will not get caught or the law does not apply to them. There are law breakers from every walk of life, doctors, lawyers, politicians to the low life.

Question: How does the guvmint KNOW detectors were used?? Do they have film?? This is just a chance for them to bash detectors.As they say,"never let a crisis go to waste".

The link I clicked on didn't show any holes or any other evidence. Just a Park ranger a a few others being interview. i wouldn't rule out this story was made up, especially after what I've seen the last 8 years. Maybe it happened, maybe it didn't.

Im also a little skeptical. .. why did they go public with this story ...did they attempt any kind of stakeout 1st? i mean these rangers have position in law enforcement therefore if they truly truly believe a detector was used sooner or later the alleged culprit would return but for some reason it made more sense to them to go public... thats the thing that just doesnt make sense to me. .. i dont know what to think about this whole mess..