Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detectors that have stood the test of time.

Nauti

What detectors do you own that you think are still relevant and can give the latest models a run for their money.
I mostly detect the beaches these days so I will start off with the Sovereign GT and that old workhorse the Garrett Seahunter mk2.I still use both of these machines at the beach because as yet I don't see any reason to change them.......they still find just as much as the latest technical marvels.Great old tech machines........what's yours?

What detectors do you own that you think are still relevant and can give the latest models a run for their money.
I mostly detect the beaches these days so I will start off with the Sovereign GT and that old workhorse the Garrett Seahunter mk2.I still use both of these machines at the beach because as yet I don't see any reason to change them.......they still find just as much as the latest technical marvels.Great old tech machines........what's yours?
"I mostly detect the beaches these days"

Salt or fresh water?

HMMM... boy thats a tuff one. If I was to just pick two, I'd go with the minelab explorer II and the fisher cz20/21. Don't own the exp II anymore but sure wish I did.

As long as they still work properly, about any machine could make the grade, as long as you still have land that it can produce targets at. This is the issue, and what makes a machine “relevant” or not, IMO. My IDXPro still works just as it should, and I have verified this on my test coins. However….if I take it to my sites which have nothing good to find shallower than 7-8” deep, it’s not going to find anything, it can’t see a dime deeper than that in the ground on any kind of consistent basis. So even though I love it and still own it, it isn’t “relevant” to me and my situation anymore. My Explorers are relevant, they CAN find coins deeper than that range, due to the technology and a stock 11” coil, versus the stock 9.5” coil on the IDX.
Those are just 2 examples of detectors being relevant or not. If you are happy with what’s in your collection whether it be the latest machine or a 25 year old machine, that’s basically what counts. If you are a hardcore deep coin hunter like I am and your machine cannot continue to find deep old coins in your sites anymore, then the machine technically becomes “irrelevant” by definition.

Then, I say that a Whites M6 with the 950 coil is good.
Had one,actually had three M6's in all......great machine and still is.I used one on the beach for ages and did quite well with it.One of the best all rounders I ever owned.I had an 8x6 set coil on mine for inland use and this did really well.One of the only detectors that had a beach mode that actually worked........I had an mxt too and the M6 was the better machine in my humble opinion.

Although I do not use mine a lot anymore, I feel the Minelab Musketeer is still a very capable detector.
I invited a guy to hunt with me at an old house site in the woods where I have been to previously with my Musketeer.
He was using a Deus, and did not make any additional good finds with it.
I was actually pleasantly surprised at the results.

Although I do not use mine a lot anymore, I feel the Minelab Musketeer is still a very capable detector.
I invited a guy to hunt with me at an old house site in the woods where I have been to previously with my Musketeer.
He was using a Deus, and did not make any additional good finds with it.
I was actually pleasantly surprised at the results.
I had a Musky too but never used it much before I sold it.A well known detectorist over here in the UK,who also owned a detecting shop,used one to great effect and found numerous hoards with it.He said he loved the simplicity of the machine,if you could see what he found with it I would say it was a great detector.