Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detectors unfinished before release

sube

Seems to be the future of metal detectors sell machine first make your money then update all the problems after the customer gets it .Deus had 10 years to develop the deus 2 why all the updates (DON"T THEY HAVE TESTERS ) Legend nox ctx all need updates why.
Give a example ctx they had to update with seawater mode (DID"NT THEY THE TESTERS RUN THIS ON A SALT WATER BEACH ) chinese language update did they not think that a chinese would buy one (COME ON)
Get the unfinished product out and let the customer deal with it you paid $1600.00 more like $2000.00 after tax dollars for a product thats not finished .(AS I SAID WHERE ARE THE TESTERS THAT SAID IT WAS A GO) maybe they need more testers .
I will be the first guinea pig to buy the next minlabe when it comes out and i am sure it well need updates like the rest of the new releases I guess this is just the future.:LOL::LOL: sube

Seems to be the future of metal detectors sell machine first make your money then update all the problems after the customer gets it .Deus had 10 years to develop the deus 2 why all the updates (DON"T THEY HAVE TESTERS ) Legend nox ctx all need updates why.
Give a example ctx they had to update with seawater mode (DID"NT THEY THE TESTERS RUN THIS ON A SALT WATER BEACH ) chinese language update did they not think that a chinese would buy one (COME ON)
Get the unfinished product out and let the customer deal with it you paid $1600.00 more like $2000.00 after tax dollars for a product thats not finished .(AS I SAID WHERE ARE THE TESTERS THAT SAID IT WAS A GO) maybe they need more testers .
I will be the first guinea pig to buy the next minlabe when it comes out and i am sure it well need updates like the rest of the new releases I guess this is just the future.:LOL::LOL: sube
You have valid points there, maybe the older testers retired.
Then there is the fact that the parts that break on a user soon after purchase. The Deus doesn’t come with a lanyard, nor can you attach one without drilling into plastic housing. A few folks lost the remotes and didn’t find them because the dam thing slips off it’s clip on right at the point where your hand holds the detector. Where were the quality control testers?

We went thru all this with the original Deus and it doesn't take XP long to get out new firmware. It didn't bother me in the least and when they finally had it like it needed to be it was the best detector ever made. I still have it and now the Deus 2. All my updates have been easy and it gets better each time. Give it some time and you'll forget about all the releases you went thru. If it bothers someone that bad then you just need to wait a few months before you by a new model with all the programming features of this detector. This isn't a Garret Ace 250 or similar detector. This firmware is pretty complicated.

I can see if you didn't come from the original Deus you might be concerned but don't be. Just go with the flow. It will be worth it.

Yea,
Just like the cell phones....everytime you turn around there's an update.
And the cars so many recalls!
And Windows 7,8,9,10
And the food, so many bocholism scares.
Why can't all this stuff be perfect all the time???
What is wrong with Manufactures?
Well at least you dont have to mail some of the detectors stuff back in for repairs. 😉

Especially if your machine wants to update mid swing and you are on a sweet deep target.... :unsure: Maybe the testers need to be tested.. All kidding aside , the bugs and little hiccups will all stabilize after they are worked out thru the updates.

With the CTX it might have been the issue with the Chinese language update that there are so many different dialects that it was difficult to install one that would cover the whole range of the general language.

Because of the user comments and requests we wind up with a better product than one developed entirely by engineers. I think they call it crowd sourcing.
All I got to say is "thank you crowd sourcing"!----Would rather wait until the "finished" (or near so) product finally evolves.----Somebody has to be the early customer user "testers" though.----And for those of us that do wait---we sincerely thank you for that!

To me its a bit like buying a new car and a few days later it needs an update to properly drive in rush hour traffic, or on the open freeway, or maybe a backcountry gravel road. Kinda makes you think their testing and development grounds are a nearby 1 acre park and it performs stellar there.
I dont mind a device that gets an update occasionally, thats good sales and service. But somethings, like said, get sold out the chute before they’re ready.

Last time I used the non updated xp2 yall are talking about that wasn't ready I guess???

Attachments

• 20220420_191445.jpg
    20220420_191445.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
Last time I used the non updated xp2 yall are talking about that wasn't ready I guess???
That's it?! if you had .07 you would have dug more goodies! lol

To me its a bit like buying a new car and a few days later it needs an update to properly drive in rush hour traffic, or on the open freeway, or maybe a backcountry gravel road. Kinda makes you think their testing and development grounds are a nearby 1 acre park and it performs stellar there.
I dont mind a device that gets an update occasionally, thats good sales and service. But somethings, like said, get sold out the chute before they’re read
You have valid points there, maybe the older testers retired.
Then there is the fact that the parts that break on a user soon after purchase. The Deus doesn’t come with a lanyard, nor can you attach one without drilling into plastic housing. A few folks lost the remotes and didn’t find them because the dam thing slips off it’s clip on right at the point where your hand holds the detector. Where were the quality control testers?
Draco on another post shows how to use the very small lanyard that does comes with the D2, I apologize for saying it doesn’t have one.

Because of the user comments and requests we wind up with a better product than one developed entirely by engineers. I think they call it crowd sourcing.
I agree!!! I really don't want to call these "updates" but rather fine tuning.