Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detectors unfinished before release

I think it would be next to impossible to fully test prototype machines in the wild, in world wide conditions, and get accurate data. You would be limited to one or two trusted individuals per area that would abide by NDAs and not blab everything to their buddies, social media, or somewhere. Even if you could, the data would be limited to certain sites and conditions and still be lacking in data. As crude as it is...this seems to be the best way to tweak a machine to hundreds/thousands user feedback and that only makes it come out better for everybody in the end. Nobody is getting a special sauced unit, or ones within a certain serial number range are "hotter" than the others. The updates/tweaks even the playing field and ensures the end product is the best that it can be. You can't do that with 20 people all across the world.

What if XP announced the Deus 2 started taking preorders while stating Beta testers and engineers are fine tuning and deliveries are expected to begin mid
2023 ? Would that be better than what is happening now? I don’t think so. Also car companies employ many thousands of people and the product has the potential to cause deadly accidents. Cars also cost like half a year’s salary, so Ronstars analogy is apples to oranges.

This is what the market demands. Its impractical to and not financially feasible to test a new product for a year before releasing it.

Other competitors would make advances and hit the market running, while company X is still fine tuning a product. Things move fast in todays world, there just isn't enough time to get all the bugs out, and run a successful business that way.

My PC laptop, iphone and ipad always yelling at me to update. at least twice a month. How long they been out now?