Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deteknex w6 wireless headphones

Digger 45

Thinking of purchasing the Deteknex w6 wireless headphones for my x-Terra 705, has anyone used them on the 705? How good do they perform ? Any lag time. Sure would like to get away from the cord.

If they aren't Bluetooth there shouldn't be much, (if) any of a lag. Buy them and let us know!

I just bought the W6 pro, the newer style. No lag time at all.

Received the W6 headphones and set up was a breeze, they have been paired before shipment so turn on and go, just that quick. Sound is clear and sharp, as good or better than my wired headphones. Couldn't see any lag at all and volume is extremely loud, had to lower it quite a bit to be comfortable, but that is good. No negatives at this time, haven't been able to hunt today, just in the test garden so will comment back after a few hours of hunting and give another update. Love the small case to house the phones and accessories.

Went out for an hour hunt and very impressed with the w6 headphones, they are spot on, light and so nice to not to have a cord, don't think you can go wrong with these, i have tried wireless units in the past with some bad results, looks like they have overcome the problems of yesteryear.

Been following this post with interest as I wanted some wireless headphones. Now ordered and received yesterday a pair of the "Wire Free Pro" by Deteknix, I'm told these are the latest. Bit pricey but very comfortable to wear, as Digger 45 says " A breeze to set up " only short test so far, but no time lag noticed.
Also bought the COILTEK 15" ALL TERRAIN 3KHZ X-TERRA COIL, that should arrive tomorrow. Going to Scotland Saturday, can't wait to try them both out together.
(Also ordered a larger digging implement for that anticipated extra depth :goodnight:)

Harry............ UK ............. :ukflag:

X-Terra 705
10.5 DD 7.5 kHz coil
6" DD 18.75 kHz coil
Whites Coinmaster lll

Don't look down on others, unless you are helping them up !!!!!

I got 8 hours out of the first charge and they weren't dead but thought i had better recharge before the next time out. Just can't say enough about this set up, Hope they last a long time because i don't think i could ever go back to corded headphones, so light you forget you have them on.

Been following this post with interest as I wanted some wireless headphones. Now ordered and received yesterday a pair of the "Wire Free Pro" by Deteknix, I'm told these are the latest. Bit pricey but very comfortable to wear, as Digger 45 says " A breeze to set up " only short test so far, but no time lag noticed.
Also bought the COILTEK 15" ALL TERRAIN 3KHZ X-TERRA COIL, that should arrive tomorrow. Going to Scotland Saturday, can't wait to try them both out together.
(Also ordered a larger digging implement for that anticipated extra depth :goodnight:)

Harry............ UK ............. :ukflag:

X-Terra 705
10.5 DD 7.5 kHz coil
6" DD 18.75 kHz coil
Whites Coinmaster lll

Don't look down on others, unless you are helping them up !!!!!
Well this answered my question whether there are wireless headphones for the X-Terra 705. I like what I've read here. I am now going to go find out where to buy them and get them ordered. Thanks everyone!

Well this answered my question whether there are wireless headphones for the X-Terra 705. I like what I've read here. I am now going to go find out where to buy them and get them ordered. Thanks everyone!
*Update on my first post* They were good at first....but....the transmitter died and Deteknix wanted me to send in the earphones. I said the earphones were working fine. (They insisted it was the headphones) After sending them in, and getting them back, they said the phones tested ok. DUH!! After several emails (waste of time) they sent me the lite version headphones! Go figure THAT one out! After several more emails, they FINALLY got it through their thick skull's it WAS a bad transmitter. They sent another and THAT one went bad after less than a years use (same as the other one). No more Deteknix for me! Go Garrett instead! Mine are still going after 3 years! Good luck.

What is the model # on the Garrett wireless? Maybe I can have some before I head to CA. Headed to WY. tomorrow but, no detecting, Gonna visit some relatives and do some fly fishing.

What is the model # on the Garrett wireless? Maybe I can have some before I head to CA. Headed to WY. tomorrow but, no detecting, Gonna visit some relatives and do some fly fishing.
Percy, my trouble was I had failed to fully tighten the cable behind the box.

*Update on my first post* They were good at first....but....the transmitter died and Deteknix wanted me to send in the earphones. I said the earphones were working fine. (They insisted it was the headphones) After sending them in, and getting them back, they said the phones tested ok. DUH!! After several emails (waste of time) they sent me the lite version headphones! Go figure THAT one out! After several more emails, they FINALLY got it through their thick skull's it WAS a bad transmitter. They sent another and THAT one went bad after less than a years use (same as the other one). No more Deteknix for me! Go Garrett instead! Mine are still going after 3 years! Good luck.
Great advice, thanks for your input. Unfortunately I had ordered them being I did read some good user reviews, but hadn't checked back here before making the purchase. Then to add insult to injury I called http://www.fortbedfordmetaldetectors.com as I had a couple of questions about Deteknix wireless headphones. It seems Fort Bedford was a large retailer for them. They said no more. Deteknix doesn't return their calls and doesn't stand behind their products, and they have stopped carrying Deteknix products. Uh oh. So now I can only hope for the best. Once they arrive and I get to use them I'll be sure to follow up with my experience.

Great advice, thanks for your input. Unfortunately I had ordered them being I did read some good user reviews, but hadn't checked back here before making the purchase. Then to add insult to injury I called http://www.fortbedfordmetaldetectors.com as I had a couple of questions about Deteknix wireless headphones. It seems Fort Bedford was a large retailer for them. They said no more. Deteknix doesn't return their calls and doesn't stand behind their products, and they have stopped carrying Deteknix products. Uh oh. So now I can only hope for the best. Once they arrive and I get to use them I'll be sure to follow up with my experience.
Sorry to hear about that! I do hope they work out for you.

If you can return them unopened, that might be a good idea. Eat the cost of shipping, and save yourself the grief of them failing at the worst possible time.

If you can return them unopened, that might be a good idea. Eat the cost of shipping, and save yourself the grief of them failing at the worst possible time.
The problem with that is I’ve already paid for shipping to a friend’s U.S. address, and then paid the overseas shipping to Ecuador plus import taxes. I think I’m stuck with them because I’ve got to much invested already. Maybe I’ll luck out and they will be okay. Finger’s crossed!