Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus 2 11x13 coil on its way!!!

buckeeeee

I got my tracking number today with delivery day Tuesday, but could be Monday. I am looking forward to using this coil on the beach. My 11 inch coil gets really good depth, I am sure the 11x13 will do the same, but I am more interested in the width coverage. So many times I have barely heard a signal and went back and found the target to be a couple inches to the left or right, more coverage will really be a plus. My concern will be if it is nose heavy. I have modified a simplex lower carbon fiber shaft to replace the lower shaft of the Deus 2, makes a big difference, no wobble at all with my 11 inch. Does anybody have any comments on the center balance setup for the coil, good, bad or ugly?

The 13x11” coil is the same width as your 11” coil…
I also have one coming, should be here in a few days. It’ll be interesting to see what the real world coverage, depth and overall performance is!

The 13x11” coil is the same width as your 11” coil…
I also have one coming, should be here in a few days. It’ll be interesting to see what the real world coverage, depth and overall performance is!
what country do you two people live in ?

pity xp dont allow 3rd partys to make coils as they would get the weight down and encourage more ideas for big coils

Hows anyone doing with the big coil?
Is it worth investing in?
IMO yes, if you have large areas to cover. It is considerably heavier than the 9” but coverage AT DEPTH is where it shines. Done carefully with good overlap, the 11” seems very similar.

IMO yes, if you have large areas to cover. It is considerably heavier than the 9” but coverage AT DEPTH is where it shines. Done carefully with good overlap, the 11” seems very similar.
Thanks, I have the 11" and am pretty impressed to be honest, just thought about the larger one for use on drilled and rolled land in lower/single frequencies.

Hows anyone doing with the big coil?
Is it worth investing in?
I just beach hunt and so far I think the 11 inch does just as good as the 11x13. I use it off and on, it seems to work better in the wet sand compared to the dry. Its heavier, but I really don't notice a difference when swinging it after a 2 to 4 hour hunt. Overall the coverage is better, but as far as depth not much difference from the 11 inch.