Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus 2 and 4khz.

GazinUK

Have been using relic mostly, and just of late trying deep hc, have an 11" coil fitted and yesterday for the hell of it, disciplined myself to using mono and 4khz, this threw up a few interesting variables.
If I ground balance it picks up coke and hot rocks, leave gb at standard and it doesn't, now this is a gb of 69 vs 90 so its to be expected I guess. However I got to thinking which one would affect depth the most, am toying with the idea of getting a dedicated 4khz machine, reason being does the D2 have built in filters in any way that affects settings, and therfore choking the machine?
Views appreciated.

I would have to pull my D1 manual out and look at it, but as I remember, there is a notch that can be set in GB menu that will eliminate coke and hot rocks from being detected.
Probably a similar setting in the D2, but once again, I'm not up on all the options. It's quite possible the factory standard setting (ground stabilization mode) has taken hot rocks into account and filtered them out.

I think 23-24 notch is the coke setting, also notch just being at 00-00 takes out little nuisances per Gary’s video. I’m in the US but the concern with filters hindering performance for me isn’t a thing because what I gain in stability allows for actual good signals to be more pronounced, even if I’m losing up to an inch. Reactivity seems to be the biggest factor in depth, along with coil size but most know this I assume…🙂 Over here hunting sites with old iron nails AND modern trash, stability is key so that the audio is intelligible. Haven’t tried 4 kHz…yet.

I maybe should have stated that the sites I have in mind have had no modern intervention in the last 150 years or so, whilst not devoid of the odd bit of trash, I can run pretty wide open, have reached the limit I think with settings I'm running, hence the 4khz thoughts.

I'd be interested in any tests y'all do.
4-8khz went deep back in the day.
Yes, great for high conductors (especially around a lot of iron and mineralized soil) however the frequencies are bad at depth on nickels and possibly other targets in the nickel TID range.
With the D1, 12khz gains about 2" of depth on nickels over 4-8khz and doesn't really suffer any serious loss of depth for high conductors in mild soil conditions.

GazinUK, if you are also hoping for gold artifacts at depth, you might wish to do some testing to make sure 4khz won't be counter-productive to your hunts.

Yes, great for high conductors (especially around a lot of iron and mineralized soil) however the frequencies are bad at depth on nickels and possibly other targets in the nickel TID range.
With the D1, 12khz gains about 2" of depth on nickels over 4-8khz and doesn't really suffer any serious loss of depth for high conductors in mild soil conditions.

GazinUK, if you are also hoping for gold artifacts at depth, you might wish to do some testing to make sure 4khz won't be counter-productive to your hunts.
Yup.
If I remember correctly.
12.5khz was a magic frequencie.
Tesoros and a few others ran around that frequencie.

Reactions: Ism
Here’s a copy of a test from the mag you may find intresting

Attachments

• IMG_1408.jpeg
    IMG_1408.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 71
I would try to find a Minelab Musketeer, I think it runs at 3khz, very simple detector with a lot of raw power, even the small 7 inch DD will get you over a foot of depth, the deepest targets I have ever found were with a Musky. A lot of people think I am crazy when I tell them it is the deepest detector I have ever used, but it is.

Attachments

• 20210327_184319.jpg
    20210327_184319.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 36