Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus 2 Arrived

Got my Deus (in two days) last yesterday afternoon and plan to upgrade today, any tips and/or pit falls to avoid?
Make sure to use the right browser, chrome preferably and something noteworthy someone else is experiencing update one unit at a time with the other units off to avoid and communicating between the devices while updating. The coil doesn’t matter as it does not update.
Just follow the directions exactly as shown on the updater and you should be fine.
One last thing make sure to use the proper cables. The three cable that came with it for the remote and the single cable for the puck assuming you got the full version with both.
Congrats and enjoy it

If you have WSA 2 or WSA 2 XL headphones, update those too. When you think you have to press the plus and minus together, press the minus first then the plus. For some reason my WS six puck always gives me some minor problems updating. Remember there are long presses and short presses, and if you get stuck in a menu screen and can’t get to the update section, press the plus and minus together to turn it off and start over.

If you have the MI 6 pinpointer, get it set for which program you want and take the directions page with you on your first trip. With only one button, I accidentally got it into a wrong program and had a dickens of a time getting it back to where I wanted it without the directions.

Good luck!

Correct; If I had a MI6 I might use headphones, but the MI4 doesn't sync and with headphones I wouldn't hear the pinpointer.

Correct; If I had a MI6 I might use headphones, but the MI4 doesn't sync and with headphones I wouldn't hear the pinpointer.
I bought the ws2 wireless headphones they sync with both the remote, or puck. They are very light and you can hear with them on the regular not XL
Always a good option if you decide
The battery on the remote will last alot longer with the headphones
Very important on the remote all the audio is on, speaker, headphones etc even if you don’t use headphones make sure you put to 0 whatever you don’t use or it will eat up your battery
Gary blackwell with xp has a great video on battery saving tips and thats the main one.

Last edited:
Got out for the Maiden voyage of the D2 and it's much different in sounds and functions than the Legend. Not going to be getting rid of the Legend anytime soon. Got about a 2 hour hunt in the Park and dug loads of pulltabs and can slaw. however, once I got good VDI confirmation of what it was that I SHOULD be digging I did quite well. 4 clad quarters; 2 clad dimes; and a handful of pennies. Two of the pennies were copper and to my surprise 1 was a Wheatie, 1935D. The separation of targets was excellent with the 9" coil and at times it was a symphony of sounds with each swing. Responsiveness was grreat and I enjoyed the hunt. I hunted in various preset programs but mostly Park and in Pitch tones.
Hope to get out Thursday as well.:love:

Got out for the Maiden voyage of the D2 and it's much different in sounds and functions than the Legend. Not going to be getting rid of the Legend anytime soon. Got about a 2 hour hunt in the Park and dug loads of pulltabs and can slaw. however, once I got good VDI confirmation of what it was that I SHOULD be digging I did quite well. 4 clad quarters; 2 clad dimes; and a handful of pennies. Two of the pennies were copper and to my surprise 1 was a Wheatie, 1935D. The separation of targets was excellent with the 9" coil and at times it was a symphony of sounds with each swing. Responsiveness was grreat and I enjoyed the hunt. I hunted in various preset programs but mostly Park and in Pitch tones.
It can take a little getting used to navigating but basically functions like the rest. Has different sounds but thats one of the things that attracted me to it. I actually like them.
Everyone has different preferences and tastes.
Boils down to what you are used to and comfortable with. Its very customizable and if you can get comfortable with it its a very rewarding detector. It’s definitely not as complicated as it seems and is up there with the best of them
Have fun with it.

Enjoy learning your new D2. After you feel comfortable using it, I would like to know your impression of the performance differences between it & The Legend. Not to start any drama but to gain some insight on their different approaches to operation.

I went from the legend to D2 still have both. Not that my opinion matters but
Stability, sensitivity, separation, and depth is excellent with both and probably the main things to account for in performance. Features is the main difference.
All detectors will find metal, No detector will find everything that all the others missed. Every one will preform differently in different areas at different times and subject to all the different settings under different conditions.
Enjoy a detector with the features you like.

I went from the legend to D2 still have both. Not that my opinion matters but
Stability, sensitivity, separation, and depth is excellent with both and probably the main things to account for in performance. Features is the main difference.
All detectors will find metal, No detector will find everything that all the others missed. Every one will preform differently in different areas at different times and subject to all the different settings under different conditions.
Enjoy a detector with the features you like.
I would add; from a price perspective the Legend is the best bang for the buck! Just learning the D2 and I have high hopes for future hunts.

One of the things I would like to have some perspective on is how they compare working in Iron trash as far as unmasking & not falsing. So many D2 users seem to struggle with Iron. Manticore too. Those units have the adjustments that should meet the challenge yet it seems to be a common issue.

One of the things I would like to have some perspective on is how they compare working in Iron trash as far as unmasking & not falsing. So many D2 users seem to struggle with Iron. Manticore too. Those units have the adjustments that should meet the challenge yet it seems to be a common issue.
Can’t say as i am fortunate that we don’t have much iron littered ground around here. I would think that the top couple detectors would handle it the best compared to all the others.
With that said i don’t think the current technology in detectors is going break through that challenge or others in a big way and it will take some new technology in the future to see major improvements. I think we maxed out with the current detectors and it’s mainly feature enhancements until something completely different comes along.
Again find one with the features you like and enjoy it 😊

On another note the thing that concerns me and one reason I’m not a big fan nor do I use it much is discrimination and target id
Since discrimination and target id is all the fad nowadays many detectors have notoriously masked and nulled out good targets more specifically gold jewelry.
I get that many don’t want to dig trash and want to cherry pick as much as possible. Who wouldn’t want to only dig good targets and no trash at all.
But until a new technology comes along the only way to not miss much is to hunt by sound only in all metal which hardly anyone will do anymore with the new detectors. As they say you have to also dig all the trash to find all the good stuff
With discrimination, target id,BC rejection, etc it’s turned into more not digging than digging

On another note the thing that concerns me and one reason I’m not a big fan nor do I use it much is discrimination and target id
Since discrimination and target id is all the fad nowadays many detectors have notoriously masked and nulled out good targets more specifically gold jewelry.
I get that many don’t want to dig trash and want to cherry pick as much as possible. Who wouldn’t want to only dig good targets and no trash at all.
But until a new technology comes along the only way to not miss much is to hunt by sound only in all metal which hardly anyone will do anymore with the new detectors. As they say you have to also dig all the trash to find all the good stuff
With discrimination, target id,BC rejection, etc it’s turned into more not digging than digging
Couldn't agree any more!! I love to run 60 tones with the Legend and am getting used to the Pitch tones with the D2