Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus 2 Screen frozen during update

usmctop

I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for.....I was updating my Deus2 remote and now the screen is frozen with the word update on it and I can't turn it off or use any buttons. It is not the dive lock feature, it is frozen during update. I have tried redo and also restarting of computer but to no avail.

HELP

I would call Detector Services at 774-519-0816 and leave a message to have them call and help you reboot a locked up remote. Or dig up your invoice and Email a copy to aaproadd@att.net and request an RMA # to send it to detector services for warranty repair. They should then email you a form to complete and send in with your remote for a fix. They will get you going in short order. I have had real good service a couple of times this year.

I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for.....I was updating my Deus2 remote and now the screen is frozen with the word update on it and I can't turn it off or use any buttons. It is not the dive lock feature, it is frozen during update. I have tried redo and also restarting of computer but to no avail.

HELP
I struggled as well with the 2.0 update. It was me not understanding the instructions. Take your time and get to the correct software on your PC screen. Select it and plug in your cable to the PC - it should update the remote

Attachments

• points up.jpg
    points up.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 43
I tried that and it went right back to the frozen screen
There was an old problem in a prior update where if you tried to update the controller, and the controller was not close enough to the coil, then the controller would lock up during the update. That was generally fixed by allowing the controller battery to die and then recharging it. Perhaps try one more time but keep your coil close. Make sure the controller is completely dead.

Was your internet connection interrupted during the update?

There was an old problem in a prior update where if you tried to update the controller, and the controller was not close enough to the coil, then the controller would lock up during the update. That was generally fixed by allowing the controller battery to die and then recharging it. Perhaps try one more time but keep your coil close. Make sure the controller is completely dead.

Was your internet connection interrupted during the update?
I don't believe it was interrupted during the update but that is of course possible. I am letting it die hard before I try again.

HELP
Happened to me. I reattached it to another USB port and went to the update page. I watched the instructions slides to the end then a pop up box appeared inviting me to connect. In it was Deus II, I selected this and pressed connect. It then updates just fine.

Old post but future fyi...Just updated my buddies and this happened, I believe possibly it was caused by leaving the remote on during the W 6 update. So I plugged the frozen remote back in and it allowed me to re-update, then functioned normally.

I tried everything that everyone suggested on here and unfortunately, none worked for me. So I contacted my dealer and they arranged for it to be sent to MA to be repaired and they received it there today. Thanks to all that tried to help.