Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus 2 silent Emi demo

This is a great demonstration of something that a lot of urban hunters need to be VERY aware of. Perhaps it should be called “non observable EMI” or “non audible EMI”….at any rate, anybody, especially those running multi freq machines, NEED to know that this is actually a “thing”. And it is NOT good. It can come from ANYWHERE, not just other machines. I ALWAYS noise cancel when starting out and NEVER purposely shift the frequency on my own in hopes of better being able to find the targets I want. If you’re out in the boonies with nobody or nothing around, maybe a person could set it manually for whatever purpose….but even then you’re risking a bad hunt due to this problem.

How many hunts have you been on and the targets are only 3 to 4 inches deep? Many.
Silent EMI is the perfect name.
Good capture squirel1 !!!
Did you test for that or just happen to come across it. We all knew about it but I never saw a demo on it, again, well done.

How many targets have been missed because an XP Deus was laying on the ground, turned on, near the target? And how did you know you missed it? Have you conducted the same experiment with two other brand detectors? Or with the D2 on the ground and the D in hand?

g

Just funnin you David!

Last edited:
How far away can you get from the deus I to stop silent EMI and hear the dime

Good follow up explanation for your observations. Thanks,

What are you talking about?
I intentionally ran unit conflicted with Deus 1 to show its behavior.
Freq scan corrected. Duh.

I can do the same with others detecrors I have too. And I have.
I was making light of a problem you discovered that to me would never be a problem. Nothing more...

I was making light of a problem you discovered that to me would never be a problem. Nothing more...
Another Vid coming here soon. Eqx 800 is conflicted and giving no sign audibly. And it’s depth of detection crippled big time. Deus 2 used to cause conflict. Deus 2 is good 20 plus feet away from Eqx too. Deus 2 in this experiment indeed shows it is conflicted by virtue of tone(sound) given.

Video starts at 26 second mark.
Thanks again. You are explaining what folks are talking about with silent or just plain EMI.

Now, we all need to try different tests and figure out how to limit the EMI issue. Is it coming from the coil or is it coming from the control box? My thought is that we cannot cover the coil with shielding because that needs to put out the signal. The control box can be covered and might help to slow down EMI effects it receives.
One difference is the Deus is totally wireless, the NOX isn’t. So covering the Deus control box is probably out. That needs a different solution.

Not true, gw. It's more of a problem than you realize. It's only not a problem if you don't run a detector . . . unless you can convince me otherwise.

Not true, gw. It's more of a problem than you realize. It's only not a problem if you don't run a detector . . . unless you can convince me otherwise.
It happens att the time at organized hunts. Folks blame you and your detector but it’s a know fact that these machines talk to each other. So it’s not one persons fault.
I had a GMHunter (old Garrett’s) it had five white switches inside batter box to allow you to switch channels if you encountered cross talk

Cross talk, EMI, ground noise is nothing new. One device signals will indeed interfere with another's if close enough either in freq or distance or both.
I don't hunt in a crowded place. I don't hunt near a power station or transformers.
Time was in the 70's many detectors went haywire under power lines but that, for the most part, was corrected.
If close to another detector there is potential for interference.

Cross talk, EMI, ground noise is nothing new. One device signals will indeed interfere with another's if close enough either in freq or distance or both.
I don't hunt in a crowded place. I don't hunt near a power station or transformers.
Time was in the 70's many detectors went haywire under power lines but that, for the most part, was corrected.
If close to another detector there is potential for interference.
I thought you were dismissing it as it doesn't happen. EMI is caused from many things, the list is long.

I don't have but a couple friends that hunt so most of my hunting is by myself. EMI from other detectors is no problem.