Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus and any detector currently on the market...

EtracTom-AdirondacksNY said:
I apologize for being thin skinned here I was justing to help others who may be deciding to lay out the large cash for this machine and to help someone to justify that it is definately worth it and you will not be disssapointed. There is now a lot of posts coming into this forum and others saying the same thing that there is something in the way the signal this machine puts out to you that is better smoother not raspy/buzzy sounding unless it's junk so that one can definately tell a good target from bad ones even if other machines say it's not for who cares what ever reason so that you will dig that target and find things we all have missed before even having gone over them with other machines before already. It's not the detectorist it's the machine doing this that is getting peoples attention here. Many others I see now stating they are having the same experience so there is something to this machine.

I don't know if I can state this on here but someone who shall remain nameless who is pretty well known says that they are also getting irate calls and pm's and emails about this detector being the new kid on the block and what people are posting about it compared to the last greatest new kid that wasn't out too long ago the E-machine. I can't believe some people can behave or act this way WHY it don't make sense are they threatened or jealous because they can't believe what they are reading or hearing or because they can't get one themselves or something?? We are all here to try to help each other not threaten each other are we not?? I guess we could keep our mouths shut about this detector and keep it to ourselves. Anyone else who springs for one and finds out what they have and the finds while out detecting with it can also leave the rest to find out for themselves by buying one too and not bothering to say anything or answer any questions about it but that wouldn't be nice or fair would it or be helping someone else who may be wanting one too right and is sitting on the fence deciding?? Again sorry for getting so blunt and upset but I can't understand for the life of me the nasty bad behavior of some and the behind the scenes goings on to someone who is respected in this hobby. What's the point of trying to help and be informative huh!!

Welcome back Tom, Can't wait to see the goodies !!!! :clapping:

i hear ya about the loaner! count me in!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

TerraDigger said:
I know I would jump at being selected to field test this unit with a loaner, as would a few hundred here:)

Too bad you can't rent one for a day. Whatever the price, it'd be worth it prior to laying out $1900 of your hard earned money.

couldn't agree more! this is the "smart play"
IF ya can do it!..wish we all could,or maybe "borrow"
one with the coil taped up from a dealer! better chance of hittin' the lottery
i guess!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I know I have lent one out on more than one occasion as well as taken people out to compare their present detector . . . . . . . if you are in my area, feel free to get in touch with me or feel free to visit one of the training seminars / shows that will be held in several cities this year (Treasure Hunters Academy) as we will have the Deus there on display and available to take out in the field

Andy

this is indeed an interesting option!
i'm sure i speak for others,thank you for the
kind offer!

(h.h.)
j.t.

It is simple for me i have a stack of detectors and depending on what i am hunting for i grab a certain one, only real way to find out about any detector is to buy one and use it, then put it in the rack with the others and see how much you pick it up and use it, this will tell you how good it is :biggrin:

reading others opinions is a fun way to spend some time but at the end of the day i am the one swinging the thing and while this may sound conceited my opinion is the only one that matters :biggrin:

i have met many detectorists out in the field and they all say this one is the best one and i don't argue with them because in their opinion it is the best one in their hands, and the way they use it to me might be crazy ( their settings, the way they swing it etc..) but its working for them :poke:.

if it was all so cut and dried there would be one modal from one brand and everyone would use it ?

my point here is we all like different things for different reasons and we use what works for us?

the only question i have to ask myself is am i willing to spend 1900 $ to find out, and that's the only question i need to ask myself :biggrin:

at this point my answer is no but i have learnt in my many years on this blank planet that i am allowed to change my mind when ever i like :clapping:

BP

Hi BP,

We are all on a one way ticket.

If you can afford the Deus then go for it.

I guarantee that you will have a very new and pleasing experience. :beers:Jerry.

You guys are so fortunate to have a offer like this from Andy..

Many of us had to find out all about Monsieur Deus by trial and error.

If Norfolk Wolf (John Lynn) was still with us Iam sure that we would have had a few day tutorials. Jerry.

JBM said:
Hi BP,

We are all on a one way ticket.

If you can afford the Deus then go for it.

I guarantee that you will have a very new and pleasing experience. :beers:Jerry.

Hey JBM

i read all the specs on this machine and it sounds great and am sure it is a keeper but the price tag is getting up there and it sure would have to find a lot of coins the others are missing to justify buying one, if it was say 900 $ sold to the man up the back with the growing stack of detectors :thumbup: but just for today it will have to stay in the shop, but tomorrow is a new day and who knows what happens :biggrin:

its all part of the fun realy :biggrin:

have fun out there.

BP

Larry hit in on the HEAD..you really have to have 2 dectors with your and go over the same target.

That is what I would consider a very honest answer!

But at the cost of the Dues why not just buy sold gold and
save your hands from getting dirty!

What you say make a lot of sense as the only person you need to impress is yourself and what works for me may not work for someone else. I love my Sovereigns and you will see many don't like them, but I also like to keep a open mind on other detectors that are out there and when they get interesting i have to buy one just to see if it will work for me or not.
There are those like Andy most of us respect as I know he has did a lot of field test and got to use many different detectors and he will tell it like it is, or how he feels it is. There is many more that we see here that have been here for years that i respect their opinion on, but what makes a difference is what it will do for me as I am the one thinking on buying one. I learned that you have to read a few post of those that actually use the detector for any given time as those that take it out for a hour or 2 the info you have to take with a grain of salt. After you feel this detector might just work for you the only way is to get one and see if it will work for your style of detecting. The big kicker here is the price of this new detector which makes it harder to just go out and buy like a $900 detector as it will be easier to resell then a $1900 one if it don't work for you and your style of hunting.Yet the only way you will know if it works for you is to buy one and see for your self which I am planing to do myself as all post of those that actually own one has been good, the negative are from those that don't own one which is normal.
I also notice the better dealer like Larry, Andy and Burt have decided to become a dealer which means they are good enough for them, so they are good enough for me to try one also.

Rick

Very well said and that is why I sprung for one on my CC even though I probably really shouldn't have (trying to pay it off) but I've been pleased with the results of this detector the more that I use it especially the light weight. Found another wheatie 1945 hiding from me in that same small area 25x25" now nothing more there in that spot inside this small park. Just dug trash trying to make the signals be better than what they were. Smooth sound good target it may be a short signal at times but smooth and hits hard, slight buzz or slight raspy sound no matter the depth bad target I'm finding so far. I went to another older larger ballfield park down the street in the other direction from my house and decided to try another small area I've not hit yet behind a building and used 3 other recent modern detectors, didn't find only one wheatie and couple of modern clad and one nickle. Will try DEUS on it next soon and other areas in this ballpark I have done already with the same other detectors.

Has anyone who owns the Deus taken this machine to a site, new or old, where you have hunted an area with your favorite detector (any brand) and then went back over the same area with the Deus and recovered targets that were missed by other units? All I am looking for is to see the unmasking capabilities of this unit. It seems to have a lightning fast recovery and should prove useful in trashy and the old "hunted out parks". Thanks for you time!

should be interesting!
lets hope ya "'score" some goodies!
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.