Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus and any detector currently on the market...

Schultzie

Has anyone who owns the Deus taken this machine to a site, new or old, where you have hunted an area with your favorite detector (any brand) and then went back over the same area with the Deus and recovered targets that were missed by other units? All I am looking for is to see the unmasking capabilities of this unit. It seems to have a lightning fast recovery and should prove useful in trashy and the old "hunted out parks". Thanks for you time!

Hunting a place with a different detector after you have already hunted it proves very little other than you missed something for any number of reasons. The only way to to do what you want done is to have both detectors with you and checking a target with each. I have some hunting spots that I have hunted a hundred times or more and often find something that I missed for whatever reason and the brand of detector had nothing to do with it.

Larry (IL) said:
Hunting a place with a different detector after you have already hunted it proves very little other than you missed something for any number of reasons. The only way to to do what you want done is to have both detectors with you and checking a target with each. I have some hunting spots that I have hunted a hundred times or more and often find something that I missed for whatever reason and the brand of detector had nothing to do with it.

Spot on advice Larry! You never get it all!

Check out gonehuntings post and video. He did exactly as you described!

The speed does the unmasking.

excellent thought larry,and so true!,so,
you first! i don't have 3 "large" layin' around!
again,it IS the only way!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Very true Larry. It only takes a inch or two to miss a small coin. The only way to confirm would be to grid off a area record all targets then go over the area again with the other machine.
It's so easy to say you've pounded a area...

Well I can beg to differ there as I have now hit a small maybe 25ft wide by 50ft long spot in a very small park down the street along half the length/side of a tennis/ basketball court or so with a fence around the near and far ends. I have gone over this numerus times with an Etrac an AT-Pro an Omega 80000 and a G2 over the last 2 years pounding it from every direction and several different large and small coils and wet and dry conditions and anything else you can think of and I can say I swear on a Bible I didn't miss one inch of ground in there and that is I have dug up every signal that was good and many that were bad trying to clean it out of all targets and this XP-DEUS in the factory DEUS Fast setting program and the only thing I changed was from 18khz to 12khz and I only had it for one day and only used it for one time so far last Sunday and I found the signals that were slightly fuzzy sounding all turned out to be trash and some were very small and it didn't really matter how fast or slow within reason I swept the coil over them but they had a slight buzz to the signals but 3 were very clean sounding and stronger hitting and fairly deep maybe 6-8 inches and I pulled 2 wheaties one a 1912 one a 1940 something and one flattened Indian head penny dated 1905 under a magnifying glass like it was put on the rail road tracks and flattened out by the enourmous weight of the train. The Deus made those signals very clear and stand out so I thought before I dug them they were going to be coins compared to all the other signals I had dug which were all trash that I had skipped most previously because they were like deep nails and bottlecaps and some foil and gave bouncy ID's. I dug because I was trying to learn the DEUS sounds on objects and the ID numbers and such to see if I had missed anything good and yes I had those 3 coins.

I had run my Etrac in Auto+3 with pretty opened coins program several times over this spot and the whole park 2 summers ago all 3/4 of the year long and I also used Manual 30 with an 8X6 SEF coil later on again and then in 2 tone ferrous again another couple of times and then the AT-Pro with stock 8X11" DD coil and the new 5X8" DD coil with zero discrimination and the Omega8000 with stock 10" eliptical coil with no disc and the G2 with low tone and high tone VCO no disc. yet somehow I supposedly missed going over those 3 coins??? So you all be the judge, I'm trying to fully clean out this park it's down the street and not very big been at it for 2 years with all these machines was a very loaded little park pulled a lot of goodies out of there and I guess it still has some more to give up yet.............

So far I've Gotten maybe close to 60+ wheat pennies, a SLQ no date, a 1944 silver quarter, about an equal number of merk and rosie silver dimes about 15 each, some buffalo nickles 3-4 and 20 old regular jefferson nickles 1940's, and maybe 4- 5 silver war nickles, 3 rings 2 silver one 10K gold and some religious medalions and other regular clad coinage a nice small giving little park!!!!

Firstly,i admire your dedication in hunting a small field that many times with different detectors and settings.....i think it's a lesson for everybody in how it should be done if you want to be successful.Secondly i think both statements have truth.I've got a patch of land that i've been over a number of times but still go back and find stuff with the same detector proving that i have missed targets on previous visits.On the other hand,some detectors have better depth than others while some seperate targets better than others also helping to find previously missed targets....i've tested targets with different machines before and found one machine will pick it up and another won't.
Regards.

Schultzie said:
Has anyone who owns the Deus taken this machine to a site, new or old, where you have hunted an area with your favorite detector (any brand) and then went back over the same area with the Deus and recovered targets that were missed by other units? All I am looking for is to see the unmasking capabilities of this unit. It seems to have a lightning fast recovery and should prove useful in trashy and the old "hunted out parks". Thanks for you time!

Yes i have and they where iron infested old sites.

yes Nauti Neli that is the key it's a combination of seperation and depth and soil conditions and yes WV62 iron adds to that mix too so that is why, not somuch because we missed spots but because of the soil matrix makeup and object density in the soil. Yes each machine has it's own merits and quirks so they all find things and the detectors frequency adds to that some are better for some targets and some are better for other targets.

What do you consider "iron infested"?
And what were your results?

Thanks

Larry (IL) said:

I respectfully disagree. If people have a hunted out park that they have been over time and time again and it is not producing good targets, that is an indication that it is pretty well picked over. Going to that site with the Deus and finding multiple good targets indicates to me the machine is doing something different and better. The same applies to an area which you grid off with the intent to recover all the good targets with brand X detector, then do the same area with the Deus and find multiple good targets... that indicates there is a significant difference in detector capabilities. A little common sense needs to be applied to this data too. If ten people try this and 7 report finding multiple targets not seen by the brand X unit and three report they found one target that brand X did not, then chances are they (three people) MAY HAVE missed it with brand X. Etrac Tom's example is proof to me the Deus detected masked targets that was missed by other detectors. If you gather enough data from other Deus users, you can figure out if it stands above the other units.

To all forum readers:

Reading the replies to the original post, in order of presentation on my computer, I felt Larry's reply was closest to my opinion on the subject matter.

That was until I read the next post by Schultzie;

His post is actually much closer to reality because we are discussing the prime merits of the DEUS.

Before I comment further, may I make one very important point, and that is the error in any supposition that "I covered every inch etc"

[size=large]NO ONE CAN REALLY MAKE THAT CLAIM.[/size]​

How can I say that with authority?.......By simple logic.

Though your search-head covers the SURFACE thoroughly, IT DOESN'T MAINTAIN THAT COVERAGE WITHIN ITS DEPTH PROFILE.

SO you only may be covering 10 percent at the limits of the solid response depth.

Therefore, THERE IS ALWAYS THE POSSIBILITY THAT SOME TARGETS ARE MISSED.

Add to that the target orientation factor, and its any-body's guess what percentage loss that add to the 'miss-able' possibilities.

OK....There's just two important variables to quash the; "I did it thoroughly" proposition......It's NOT possible.

There are several other augments to support the last claim, so I'll leave that to others to verify.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All that said, let me return to the Deus.

I can say with honesty, that the Deus when placed in the hands of a competent detectorist, will OUTPERFORM any current field detector's find rate.

Its audio signaling when locating targets, is simply compelling....telling you to 'dig me'.

This machine's sounds are so natural, to my way of thinking and wants.

I have tested several of the top / popular detectors, over targets found with the DEUS, and IT IS NOT ABOUT WHICH COULD OR COULD NOT FIND IT...

It was more about the reassuring sound (cleanliness and positiveness) that the Deus produced, that makes it a MORE EFFICIENT and PLEASING detector to hunt with.

That in turn improves finds rate and recovery speed.

I will say no more for that would be simply 'Gilding the lily' so to speak.

If the rest of the metal detecting manufacturers don't learn from this design.....then they will 'wilt on the vine'.

Matt..........TheMarshall

Well said TheMarshall, other manufacturers really need to think something up very soon or the Xp Deus will surely take significant market share away from the other makes.:thumbup:

I will have a couple of good examples later on the Metal Detecting forum . It has more to do with settings and coils than brands. Brands have very little to do with it, almost all of them are very good at what they do.

So your saying that if I take a small maybe 20'x20' area section in a small park disect it up into sections pound the ever living snot out of it from ALL angles and MANY, MANY times over sometimes several different directions with different machines back to back in one day and I have gone over the same ground over 2 years steady now in this park small piece by small piece sections at a time with no less than half a dozen different machines with different normal stock and smaller coils that I didn't cover every square inch??? The first 8" I say yes after that I say maybe not but after all this time and directions and coil sizes and machines and I have never recovered anything more than 8" deep here in this park nor anywhere else as soil here is black mineralized with hot rocks and iron through out high GB numbers 85-90 then about a 2 inch yellow slightly sandy layer then clay hard pan type layer 10-11" deep on down. I have never anywhere around here recovered anything over 8" deep yet and it isn't because these machines aren't capable of it.

Maybe I didn't do it back to back in the same day as I had just gotten the DEUS 2 days before and I had to work SAT so I couldn't hunt till SUN and I am the only one that I have ever seen and know of who has hunted this very small out of the way park just down the street from my home and the last time I did this small patch was last fall for a couple of weeks straight and once about a couple weeks back when we had a 40 degrees couple days and the ground thawed out.

Maybe yes if the targets were very, very, deep would the detecting field miss them at depth possiably but these were only down maybe 6-7" deep so I say NO WAY!!!! This is a play or semantics on words here I'm talking about with reasonable reason here the first maybe 6-8" yes, deeper maybe not.

Now the second statement about the sound being better saying dig me with the DEUS isn't that what I stated in my first post that is what will make you dig a signal with the DEUS that you didn't with other machines I believe so.

What I'm saying is for whatever reason I am sure I passed a coil over these 3 targets several times as they weren't deep but for whatever reason or reasons I didn't get a half way even fairly good dig me signal (maybe read as iron or sounded like iron or trash or some combined thereof of targets) the DEUS did give me a reason to dig these targets up instead of leaving them there like I had done in the past previously.

This is all that was asked in the original question who had done so.

In all respect to your post Sir..............

Hunt an area with the Deus, and then take another detector High end Name Brand ..You'll find things you missed. I feel a lot depends on the coils.. Frequencies, swing speed, and yes the items you just plain miss the first hunt with any model detector.

I think Larry hit it based on my experience dead on..

Their really isn't any "ONE BETTER DETECTOR " in every area............ and their isn't a machine that ever finds it all..It's rather all that machine and coil is going to find at that time. That setting etc.
Tomorrow a different detector,a different coil, will hit some things missed... ..... Is there machines that do a better job..Yes !. But not in the hands of everyone..........In the hands of an experienced detectorisst Say Like Larry is with the V3i, or the Se Pro ......... Your going to see finds made ............ Now I am not knocking the Deus at all..It sounds like a good detector..but I just don't think it is
going to be the detector you imply in your post and beat everything out there consistently................in every location..

:clapping: Elton and Larry right on. Ask Bart, I love having more coil's than I do detector's. Different looks with diffenent coils and you got yourself a find or two each time you go out there. Ever notice that your radio comes in better before or after a good rain, well that's in the radio wave bounce. Your detector does the same thing. I hope the Deus does good over here, and I hope it turns out to be an $1800.00 winner. Good luck to all. :clapping:

i believe this to be correct,however it STILL remains (in my experience)
that the best way to evaluate a detector in the field IS to 'cross check"
signals with similar,(if not exact field settings) of at least one,or more detectors
at the same time, assuming,of course, ALL detectors are using same size coil,and ALL
detectors are properly ground balanced for the site you are hunting! this is the closest
field accuracy information you can possibly hope to achieve in the field,also ,NOT to be discounted
a ''cross section" of users field experience over time in different mineralized areas of the country.
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.