Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus Conductivity Scale....and some thoughts

Great report and id chart! Thank you!

Keep in mind its not really fair to compare depth to the F75 and E-Tracs with much larger stock coils than the stock 9" DD Deus coil.

I agree in the reactivity feature! It really changes the way the machine sees through bad targets.

Thanks for some useful information that doesn't sound like a never ending sales pitch....... :clapping:

Sorry, I missed that part. I'll just bet it was stock. It's close to depth I am seeing on moderate basic settings.

I am in love with the stock coil. I need to test the big one as well!

I was out yesterday in 40 to 50 mile an hour winds. Headphones= O. Here in Northern Ill. i have to go out in all kinds of weather since i hunt old farm sites and get there before the crops get planted.
They need to build over the ear headphones. That would be GREAT!!! I hear they are on the drawing board. I tried no down time with 1/4 to 1/8th adapter. Couldn't keep the 1/8th inch end in the control box.
in the mean time i have to come up with something that keeps out the wind noise. HH

The location of the jack on the housing makes it difficult to hunt with it on the shaft when using wired headphones.

Andy Sabisch

Andy, i had it in my chest pocket but if i moved the wire the 1/8 in. jack would loosen enough that it would break contact and if i used the pinpoint the same thing happened. So i thought that if i used a hood over the phones that might help. Worked better but not good enough. So today i thought i would get a pair of ear muffs and put them over the hood. BUT you guessed it. Stores are out of them and spring stuff is on the shelves!! My next attempt is to get a cheap set of headphones and gut them and put them over the xp phones. I have hearing aids and any wind is very loud. Here in Ill we hunt in a lot of wind in the spring.

Try a knit headband type thing you would wear over your ears for skiing. That will keep the phones tight to your ears and knock out some of the wind noise...

I wonder how come Minelab can make a DD Coil that can easily handle steel bottle caps and nobody else can?

Harold said:
I wonder how come Minelab can make a DD Coil that can easily handle steel bottle caps and nobody else can?

The programming of the detector and the FBS technology Minelab uses, may have something to do with it.

Xp Deus can handle crown caps just fine, you just have to know what the detector is trying to say to you. If i can avoid them succesfully, anybody can.:thumbup:

As Finder82 said, the software and the FBS circuit pays a factor in the way Minelab's respond to bottle caps compared to other units . . . and this is the beauty of different detectors - they each see into the ground in a different manner, some significantly different while some just slightly but it is this difference that allow users to find targets that previous hunters have missed.

As far as the bottle cap issue, you are correct in that if you use the same search process as you might with a Minelab that you will get frustrated in how they are detected . . . but there are settings you can make and techniques you can use that will virtually all but eliminate them from coming through.

When I first started with the Deus, I got a tad frustrated at an old picnic site that was littered with these trash targets but they had not been an issue with the detector I had used there before. Some experimenting, exchanging communications with UK Deus users and a few return tricks allowed me to hunt there with almost no caps being recovered yet a number of coins coming to light from spots where you could tell there was ferrous in or adjacent to the hole.

Finder82 put up a great video here that shows how he is able to identify caps and the process works . . . . . . IDENTIFYING BOTTLE CAPS

Settings that are effective in this area are 1) bumping the SILENCER option up to "3" or "4", 2) avoiding the 18 kHz frequency (see what the frequency is if you opt for a specific preset program, 3) checking the response in the Non Motion Audio Discrimination mode when you go to pinpoint the target and 4) the technique described in the video.

The problem with switching to any new detector is that you are often coming from a "pair of broken in comfortable shoes" and trying on a "stiff pair" that initially is uncomfortable to wear . . . . when you have 100's of hours on a detector and know exactly what she is telling you, you have to learn en entire new language to get to that same level of comfort in the field and the Deus requires exactly that.

Andy

Harold said:

The Whites V3i will I.D. bottle caps quite well with its DD coil. I rarely dig one once I learned how to read them with the 3 freq. color pinpoint bars. You also have bottle cap reject that can be used to help break them up on the audio. I do not use the bottle cap reject function and find no need to with the pinpoint meter accuracy.

This Deus looks very interesting to me due to the weight. The V3 does get feeling quite heavy after an 8 hr. hunt.

I use Deus for 20 months and do not have any problems whatsever in recognising bottle tops by a sound. I also use Deus on the beach where there are milions of them and I pick coins laying among bottle tops, so that is not a real issue.

Denar1 said:
I use Deus for 20 months and do not have any problems whatsever in recognising bottle tops by a sound. I also use Deus on the beach where there are milions of them and I pick coins laying among bottle tops, so that is not a real issue.
Good info to know!

some guys on the UK forum have built a bigger set of phones around the backphones .
also a sturdier stem is available for the bigger coil .a german guy makes them

Thanks for the TIP!!