Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus finds from a Roman site in the UK

Gary-B

Just thought I would share today's finds with you Deus guys, I finally got away from what seems to be a lifetime in front of the computer. I met up with my buddy Graham and we headed for our favourite site. Years ago this was a very productive piece of land but recent hunts turned up very little, I still love going there because the views are fantastic. Today I used the 13" coil and the Sifter program, which is a low powered version of the Hot program.
We both had a nice harvest of coins, these are my finds, they consist of some Roman and a small Medieval coin, this is why we cant reject ring pulls, they fall within that range.
I got some digs on film so hopefully upload something soon.
The 13" coil dealt with the iron with ease,

tuff day eh? lol... nice harvest... looking forward to seeing the video...
what do you mean low powered version of the hot program...
thanks

The Hot programming uses TX 2 and sensitivity 90.
The Sifter uses TX 1, sensitivity 86

that's quite a difference... why would you go lower on both? it seems to me that you would lose depth and be less sensitive thereby finding less but it looks like you did mighty fine with those settings...

When you see the video you will understand, the Roman sites are full of Iron. By lowering the power you calm things down so hear the tiny signals.
If you search an Iron infested site, you won't get good depth, target separation is more important.

i was on your side of the pond in March and i don't feel that i did very well and this could be why as i tried to run in TX3, open screen with no discrimination, and reactivity on 1... thinking to cover much area as well as depth,,, i used 12K too...
i hope to get back next year so i would certainly try your settings as they look like they work just fine.. :)

Gary-B said:

Any other changes besides lowering the TX to 1, and sensitivity down to 86?

Appreciate all your work, and willingness, to help fellow Deus users...

Congrats on a great hunt Gary !
To be able to find coins that old is amazing !

Gary-B said:
Great finds! roman coins man thats got to be great. I used the sifter program today on the site that I hit with the hot program and found the two coin last week its iron infested. I managed to pull four more non ferrous targets from the little spot . The audio was better with those settings man I love those full tones in the iron or trash.

Hot programme and Sifter programme settings

HOT
Load up the Deus fast program....Change
Discrimination.....between 0 and 5, if you have problems identifying differences between low tones and the iron tone use disc 5 and dig every repeatable tone
Tones....Full tones
Iron Vol.....0
Audio response....3
At first don't be afraid to use a discrimination of 1 - 5 until you get used to the audio feedback.
*Discrimination notes : Disc 0 will accept all the ground noise as a baseline, this is good if you want to hear ground changes. Disc 1 will eliminate ground noise and only accept Iron as a baseline.

SIFTER
Load up the HOT program....Change
Disc 0
TX Gain 1
Sensitivity 86
Ground 88 manual
Audio Response 4

* Note
Tones can change depending on depth, the Audio is 15% deeper than the meter, a very faint tone indicates a deep or small target, don't be tempted to use high Audio Response settings as you will have no audio perception of depth.

Those programs flat out work and when you get used to it you can pull targets where other machines choke. Now dont go getting the big head Gary lol

I've done this same thing here in Vancouver, BC. I've even lowered my sensitivity as far as 75. Going back over nail/iron infested places I hit before with the HOT program and I've pulled silver coins and silver rings from 1"-3" deep that I missed before. Iron can mask targets very easily if you run the sensitivity and TX too high. Giving up depth to unmask the goodies you missed at shallow depths can surprise you.

Good skills my friend

Gary, on your sifter program i see that you lower tx and sens... I get why to lower the tx in congested areas but i don't see why you would lower sensitivity. i would think that with a lower tx it would be good to have sens at 90 at least so that it can be fast to react between targets and thereby be better at "seeing" between bad targets to hear the good ones.
thanks

Hi , great post Gary , but why 13 inch coil , loads of iron I would use small coil , I hunt very trashy sites in the UK also, my choice of detector is the rutus, Jupiter, my all time favourite was the goldmaxx m 1 , not the power , tones very good , never did get on with the Deus,

Gary,

Nice finds!!!! I just got done watching your new video with Deus Fast / Pitch. I love the idea and will try it on my next outing.

Jrod1101