Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus finds small cache

The weather was perfect here in South Texas...time to get out and search a permission a friend of mine had.

As we drove up to the old ghost town site nothing out of the ordinary gave a hint that something once stood there. As a matter of fact most folks would just drive pass it without a thought. The town dated from 1840 until the early 1900's and once was the county seat...a hub of activity.

This past weekend my friends and I decided to hunt the outskirts of this old town site. Through the brush consisting of huisache and rose hedge we trampled and searched thinking of finding that ever-evasive "gold coin"...but it did not turn up on this trip. However...another small treasure did finally face the sunlight once again.

Early in the hunt I was blessed enough to find a small "cache". As my Deus targeted a "74-77" signal I turned over a shallow patch of soil in which 2 small brown discs appeared. I called over to my friends to share the moment. As more of the plug dirt was moved...a very small silver disc also appeared. Without disturbing more of the plug dirt we checked the hole again and another signal targeted. Viola!...another brown disc and a small brass purse top came to light. The hole was checked again...but no more signals appeared. We also searched around the immediate area but nothing more of value surfaced.

The small purse contained 3 "V" nickels...1900...1890...and a final "V" in which the date was worn off. The small silver disc was a 1850 New Orleans (O) half dime.

No gold coin this time...but maybe next time?

Great story - great finds - congrats Charles !

Wow
Great recovery
Congrats

Well done that man.

The Deus misses nothing if walk over a likely find slow and low.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.