Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus II Continues To Out Perform

coinworld

Got out today to a site we located about 10 years ago in N Virginia that we thought was pounded but surprises still await. The day started very slow to get any signal lol but I finished strong with recovering my 3rd US Federal Breast plate, but my first plate with the Deus II. The Deus II is a beast and this plate was nearly 16 inches straight down; just a mere whisper low 60s VDI using General program but as I removed more soil the numbers jumped higher . I am really impressed with the performance and depth since receiving my Deus II mid February. It has by far IMHO better depth than the original Deus I used for 2 years. I am certain no other machine other than the Deus would have heard this signal. Happy Digging!

Attachments

• 5F667AFF-C984-41A7-A9CD-F176977A8992.jpeg
    5F667AFF-C984-41A7-A9CD-F176977A8992.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 127
  • 4381D211-627D-4EF5-A5A3-09AC7ED3E17A.jpeg
    4381D211-627D-4EF5-A5A3-09AC7ED3E17A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 116
Got out today to a site we located about 10 years ago in N Virginia that we thought was pounded but surprises still await. The day started very slow to get any signal lol but I finished strong with recovering my 3rd US Federal Breast plate, but my first plate with the Deus II. The Deus II is a beast and this plate was nearly 16 inches straight down; just a mere whisper low 60s VDI using General program but as I removed more soil the numbers jumped higher . I am really impressed with the performance and depth since receiving my Deus II mid February. It has by far IMHO better depth than the original Deus I used for 2 years. I am certain no other machine other than the Deus would have heard this signal. Happy Digging!
Very cool find, congratulations

Looking at stuff we dont see out here in the Pacific Northwest….. thanks for sharing!

Thats a nice one to boot, congrats! Have you updated to .7 ?

HH Jeff
Yes I did I updated my machine on Friday, just over 100 hours now with 2 months usage but I do love the performance of the Deus II, at a depth of almost 16 inches the Deus II sniffed out this whisper of a target in heavily iron that I’m quite certain no other machine other then the Deus would have heard. The XP Deus France engineers and the research and development team did their homework (10 years) before rolling out a new machine.😎👍

Yes I did I updated my machine on Friday, just over 100 hours now with 2 months usage but I do love the performance of the Deus II, at a depth of almost 16 inches the Deus II sniffed out this whisper of a target in heavily iron that I’m quite certain no other machine other then the Deus would have heard. The XP Deus France engineers and the research and development team did their homework (10 years) before rolling out a new machine.😎👍
New user so.. excuse me if I don't know what I'm talking about, because I probably don't... but.....

I have clay soil. I put Silver coins at a pre measured depth of, 3,6,9,12" deep. I've tried every setting, I can kinda hit on the 9" deep silver dollar coin. The 12" Im not really picking up on it, at least not good.

Did you measure the 16" with a tape measure? Was the 16" the depth of the coin, or the depth of the hole you dug?

Thank you for any Insight.

New user so.. excuse me if I don't know what I'm talking about, because I probably don't... but.....

I have clay soil. I put Silver coins at a pre measured depth of, 3,6,9,12" deep. I've tried every setting, I can kinda hit on the 9" deep silver dollar coin. The 12" Im not really picking up on it, at least not good.

Did you measure the 16" with a tape measure? Was the 16" the depth of the coin, or the depth of the hole you dug?

I carry a 12 inch ruler in my back pack and the depth was just a smidgen under 16 inches. Other Deus II users in the last few months have reported increased depth as well. I was too excited after recovering the plate to take a pic of the ruler in the hole. I’ve been blessed to have recovered 3 breast plates this far(but first one with Deus II). But this was the deepest plate I have ever dug. I am super impressed with the depth and overall performance; yes the XP Deus engineers and research and development team did their homework 10 long years before releasing a new ms home. As much as I had liked and used the original Deus for 2 years-this Deus II is not the original Deus at all. Happy Digging

I was with coinworld on the hunt when he dug this up. We had a great time (I'll post a few finds of my own later!)

The soil there isn't nearly as compact and mineralized as it is in other parts of VA. I was getting three ringers at 10 inches with my Deus I (not screaming signals, but definitely there, and you'd get a VDI on half of the swings). If you're detecting in clay, you might not get as much depth.

Also, you'll get better depth on stuff that's been in the ground for decades or centuries than objects that are freshly burried. This is why I have mixed feelings about test gardens/using freshly burried objects to test detectors and draw conclusions about how they'll perform in the field.

I feel for you clay soil is a beast.
Most all detector strain in clay soil
I'm not sure about P.I detectors?
Me lucky my soil is about as neutral as you can get
Now when I detect in the mountains of NC it can be tough.

I was with coinworld on the hunt when he dug this up. We had a great time (I'll post a few finds of my own later!)

The soil there isn't nearly as compact and mineralized as it is in other parts of VA. I was getting three ringers at 10 inches with my Deus I (not screaming signals, but definitely there, and you'd get a VDI on half of the swings). If you're detecting in clay, you might not get as much depth.

Also, you'll get better depth on stuff that's been in the ground for decades or centuries than objects that are freshly burried. This is why I have mixed feelings about test gardens/using freshly burried objects to test detectors and draw conclusions about how they'll perform in the field.
Well stated a coin! Man you were smoking yesterday with the 3 ringers you were digging, but everything is deep; diggers cherry 🍒 picked this site a good 15-20 years ago but fast forward 20 plus years later and new technology-the Deus and Deus II are unrivaled regarding depth in recovering targets. I am almost certain no other detector other than the Deus would have heard this target at 16 inches depth-the signal was that faint.

I haven't compared it yet but I hear relic mode is the deepest. . . . you would think DeepHC would be. . . . I guess to make relic mode deeper would be to remove all the filters so the processing isn't hampered. Congrats on the great historic dig there coinworld, well done!

That would be a find of a lifetime for me. Happy for you.

Thats a nice one to boot, congrats! Have you updated to .7 ?

HH Jeff
Yes sir I’m did! I’m still using General Program but am thinking of using the relic program next time out it is a deeper program.👍

typical on uk forums how come the diference in opinions ?

I’ve had 5 outings with mine and a hammered each time .
But any machine would of found any of them .
I’ve personally had nothing where I can say wow that was deeper than a deus1 .
I think, I know it’s only early days….but if I had borrowed one for a week I don’t think I would buy one. Perhaps that will change as time moves on .

These users thanked the author Charliechap for the post (total 4): geoman, beep-and-dig, fred, Richardjj