Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus keypad source

Jerry-Wi

The keypad on my Xp Deus control unit has been slowly going bad over the last year. It has got to the point where some of the buttons rarely work which makes it a royal pain to use. Otherwise the detector works great and am still able to hunt with it but making changes to anything is near impossible.

I contacted Detector Electronic Corp back in April. Their shop is closed down because of the COVID-19 pandemic and they said to keep checking back with them. As of July 1st their shop is still closed.
The Deus is still under warranty but I would be willing to buy the front panel & keypad and install it myself. I have worked on electronics for over 50 years so that is no problem for me.

I cannot find a source for the Top part (With keyboard) Ref: D081. I would appreciate any input on where I can find one. Otherwise will just have to tough it out until they get their shop up and running again.

Jerry

in the UK i had a bad front pad so sent it back and they installed a new button pad and all works well .it was never any good right from the start when i bought it .so they should change it uner guarentee

maybe xp in france can help so contatc them

The keypad issue has been resolved. Spoke with Detector Electronics on Monday and they sent me a replacement Top part with keyboard. It arrived just as I was about to leave for a hunt this afternoon. It took about ten minutes to change the keypad and all is well. It is a real pleasure having all the buttons working again. I am certain this would have been over an done with a long time ago if it was not for the Pandemic. Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions.

Jerry

Hey I am very happy for you. I am also glad to know that I would be able to fix mine if it went out like yours did. Thanks for sharing!!

Hey I am very happy for you. I am also glad to know that I would be able to fix mine if it went out like yours did. Thanks for sharing!!
Thanks. The most important thing to remember when removing/installing the top part/keyboard is the ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) connector that the ribbon cable plugs into. There is a small tab that must be lifted (Moved away from the body of the connector) in order to remove or insert the ribbon cable. Zero force is exactly that. If you have to pull or tug on it the tab is not out far enough.

The whites XLT and dfx had a similar set up. I know what you mean....they just slip into the slot. Thanks for the heads up