Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus ll question ?

Dude lied and said thousands of units are on a plane to the US yet XP basically called him out and said it was wishful thinking (none even shipped yet and dealers will be lucky to see 1-3 and that was straight from XP). I'm sorry but if someone is going to make up bogus garbage like that then I don't believe much of anything he says. Calabash is nothing more than a used car salesman.
First off he is not a liar. He only gave the info on how many and when the deus 2 detectors would ship from what he was told. Before he said that someone on another forum and on Facebook had mentioned the same thing. So someone at XP either worded the info wrong or gave the wrong info to these guys. Calabash came out and apologized for the misinformation as he wasn't aware it was wrong when it was given to him. I've spoken to calabash on the phone a few times and he is no liar or bullshitter. I've been on these forums a long time and can usually spot the story tellers.. cal is not one of those guys. So please stop running your mouth when you don't even know him.

Dude lied and said thousands of units are on a plane to the US yet XP basically called him out and said it was wishful thinking (none even shipped yet and dealers will be lucky to see 1-3 and that was straight from XP). I'm sorry but if someone is going to make up bogus garbage like that then I don't believe much of anything he says. Calabash is nothing more than a used car salesman.
So D, you don't think there is a possibility he might have received bad info ? Calling the man a liar is pretty harsh. He said he was told thousands were coming soon. He did not say or they did not say how soon. Soon being a relative term (not a specific time ) this in fact could be a true statement and I'm sure in the near future there will be thousands shipped. Just not as soon as you may like. C'mon D ain't ya being little rough.

Yeah who cares about liars just keep idolizing these quacks 🤡
D, There is no idolization here, just appreciation for a guy who takes a great deal of time to show me about a machine I may be interested in buying. Its apparent you also are interested in the Deus ll and am I to believe you have learned nothing from all his testing videos and ready to condemn him for at very most a mis-statement most likely from the info he received. Again I think you're being a little too harsh.

I dont think Calabash lied about anything . He was told there were thousands headed to the US and in the next few shipments I bet there will be. There just not coming as quick as we would like them to but thats not his fault. As far as his videos he has saved us countless hours of doing our own tests on the machine and after a few more videos most of our questions about the machine will be answered and when we finally get one in our hands we will be pretty familiar with it and ready to hunt without having to spend two days trying to figure it out. Like someone else posted he could have spent this time hunting with it and not worried about anyone else. Who cares if he makes money on youtube as long as were getting something out of it. If you watch Calabash and Gary Blackwells videos you should be comfortable hunting with the Deus2 the day you get it. Keep the videos coming and thanks to you and Gary.

Yeah who cares about liars just keep idolizing these quacks 🤡
I don’t idolize CD , he brings lots of information to the forefront. You may not like the way he presents it. You have to look past that , it’s just a preview of what is to come . There are many improvements with the D2 compared to the D1 and ORX. It cost more , but it is loaded with features! I like the reviews CD does much better than the last 30 years of print material (magazines) that never!! Never had one single review critical of a detector manufacturer. Let that set in. !!!! My 2 cent piece. !!🇺🇸😃🇺🇸

I think people need to remember a tester is just a tester. When it comes to information about the new product other than what he tests and observes any other information he gets and passes on he has to rely on what someone at the company tells him. And sometimes the company passes on information that is overly optimistic. Happens all the time. So don’t come down on him too hard for passing on what he thought was true at the time.

SO WHAT ! Even if he is getting compensated. What wrong with that ? Last time I checked it was ok to like getting paid. He may have been given one machine, but he ponied up almost 5 grand of his money to test a new untested machine. How many of you out there are willing to do this ? And then all the work it takes to make videos, he could have used it for his own enjoyment and none of us would know how the machine performs in different scenarios. Never mind he is doing what he loves, its still a ton of work to edit and put those videos together. You guys ought to cut him a little slack. If you watched any of his videos in the past he has always been a straight shooter so I see no reason why to doubt him now. And don't say because XP gave him a machine, unlike other companies that had NDAs, there were none with the DEUS ll and I'm sure XP was aware of Calabash's pension for telling like it is and they still sent him one. Whats that say ? We as mdrs are always congratulating others on our finds, a family so to speak, so why when a fellow detectorist goes out of his way to inform us on a new machine we view him with suspicion ? Instead of thanking him and wishing him success. Really ! Mark
Agreed Markinswpa-

I’ve been following Calabash’s video Chanel for about 5 years now; so what if the guy gets paid from his YouTube videos??? Guess what: Most YouTubers do get paid. There is nothing wrong with that. I applaud Calabash for all his time and effort in his tests he does and the live digs. He is a straight shooter IMHO. It is because of his testimonies in the field and watching his videos with his pal digger the history teacher-demonstrating the power of the Deus and how he has tweaked the Deus to his colonial/relic settings which is what I do relic hunt here in Virginia for civil war and colonial relics. This machine is unmatched IMHO and one of reasons that I decided to purchase the Deus which I did in Jan 2019 from his and another digger who had been using the Deus fur over 5 years now. At that time however I was a Minelab Nox 800 user - but I didn’t start using the Deus I until Nov/Dec 2019 and have since sold both of my previous detectors.

In the 2 years I have used the Deus I I have found far more quality colonial and civil war relics (5 Confederate buttons, numerous Yankee buttons, bullets, coins, etc) then in the previous almost 4.5 years using my then Nox 800 and AT Max which I have both sold.

The XP is the real deal and is the only detector I use. I have pre-ordered the Deus II due to its water proof and multi-frequency functionality which are the only two things I missed with the Minelab, and from what I have heard and have seen from Deus II testers world wide-is that this Deus II smokes anything out there at the present moment. There is a reason XP Deus went 10 long years-a decade before they came out with a new detector-to ensure the engineers and the research and development team got everything right as designed. Is the Deus II perfect? Of course not-no detector is. This is like comparing Ford to Chevy or to a Honda. There is no perfect automobile.

There is no one size fits all detector for everyone’s preference’s on planet earth. But I do believe XP Deus checked off enough boxes that “appealed” to most users “ wish list” and I do believe the XP Deus II (this far), has met or has exceeded expectations in terms of depth. and consistency from the testers in the field-and that is fine be me. I can’t wait till they ship the units to the US as I can’t wait to use the new Deus II. Happy hunting XP Deus diggers!

The ugly Green eyes of jealousy raise its head...
There always has to be a top dog and I think the XP Deus II just might be it!!

Like I said - "There's nothing wrong with getting paid for the YouTube"
markinswpa said:
SO WHAT ! Even if he is getting compensated. What wrong with that ? Last time I checked it was ok to like getting paid. He may have been given one machine, but he ponied up almost 5 grand of his money to test a new untested machine. How many of you out there are willing to do this ? And then all the work it takes to make videos, he could have used it for his own enjoyment and none of us would know how the machine performs in different scenarios. Never mind he is doing what he loves, its still a ton of work to edit and put those videos together. You guys ought to cut him a little slack. If you watched any of his videos in the past he has always been a straight shooter so I see no reason why to doubt him now. And don't say because XP gave him a machine, unlike other companies that had NDAs, there were none with the DEUS ll and I'm sure XP was aware of Calabash's pension for telling like it is and they still sent him one. Whats that say ? We as mdrs are always congratulating others on our finds, a family so to speak, so why when a fellow detectorist goes out of his way to inform us on a new machine we view him with suspicion ? Instead of thanking him and wishing him success. Really ! Mark