Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus musings and finds.

bleeohio

Well, these are my finds from the first charging of my new 9in. coiled bundle of joy. I'm keeping a separate jar with just the deus finds this year to see what the final tally will be. I hunt a lot of plowed fields where you won't find a lot of coins, but the ones you do are pretty old. I have hunted twice on grass close to home that I have absolutely pounded over the years with every top end machine you can think of and have done very well considering.
On grass, my favorite setting so far is gmaxx with a few tweaks on my part. With a good ground balance, I'm very impressed with the depth I'm getting.
In plowed fields, gmpower seems to work well for me. Most of these sites are a carpet of small iron, nails so low and slow is the way to go. I do switch from gmpower and deusfast with tweaks, but there seems to be a depth dropoff with fast for me.

Overall, I really like this machine. Love the lightweight and while the wireless headphones weren't a must have for me, I've really grown to like them a lot.
I'm about to run the gauntlet on nickels missing only a Jefferson...should be easy enough. One silver being a 1916 merc.. and as much as I try to see it,,,there's no D on the reverse. One toasted eagle button. I'm very happy so far, and I still haven't strayed much from the factory settings so I assume it can only get better the more I learn the deus. J. Vance said I would be impressed and he was right. I do have a little more to learn on the iron distinction, but I've dug iron with the best of them. HH

Some great finds there.
You will only get better with the Deus as time goes on.

Oh yeah... I want to hunt with you....

Nice digs blee! I see a fattie, shields, large cents, and those buttons are sweet! Right up my alley. Looks like you have some good sites. Are they still plowing where you are? Most of the farmers my way have went to no plow planting. Kinda sucks as the corn and crop litter starts building up, not to mention the targets will eventually start sinking...

Some nice finds,my favourite sites are either pasture or ploughed and rolled,my local farmer has just done another 200 acres during the week and the fields are about as flat as you can get,by the weeknd which is 4 day holiday for us in the UK the ground will have settled and it will be ideal for detecting as this year the farmer deep ploughed it down to about 15'' so this should in theory bring up some new finds.

Thanks guys. Yep they still plow quite a bit here, some years they no till a few spots but every time they plow it works the goodies around. Still pretty wet here so some spots are to sloppy to wallow around in. I have more spots than I can hunt before they start planting, then it's on to grass hunting till fall. Find a lot of military/civil war and earlier things at the old homesteads which is my favorite things to find. The coins are a bonus. hh

Blee...great assortment of finds. I recently purchased a Deus, but I haven't used it yet. I suppose I'm a little nervous I'll miss something...or dig 1,000 holes and get junk. I guess I'll have to just bite the bullet and put down my trusty E-Trac and hit some sites. It's supposed to be raining the next couple of days in East Central Indiana...but I may get out.

Cool finds! You will loose a little depth with the Deus fast program. You loose a little depth as you increase the reactivity level. Gm has a level of 2 and DF 3

Wow ... your sure are off to a killer start with your new Deus - congrats ! :clapping: