Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus not connecting to the coil

aval

Twice this is happened to me while I was metal detecting . After searching with my MI 6 pin pointer I would hear a click in my headphones and then I would switch the pin pointer off and my coil would not be connected to my deus . In order to detect I would have to turn my head phones off then on in order for it to connect to the coil.

When did you update to v.4? It makes a difference because XP did two silent updates in March to correct some issues. If you updated in March, do it again to make sure you are on the latest release (yes I know XP should have conducted version control and named their updates v.4.1 and v.4.2 but they didn't. It's still called v.4.0).

jadocs said:
When did you update to v.4? It makes a difference because XP did two silent updates in March to correct some issues. If you updated in March, do it again to make sure you are on the latest release (yes I know XP should have conducted version control and named their updates v.4.1 and v.4.2 but they didn't. It's still called v.4.0).

I must get around to re-installing V4.0 to see if it does indeed help out with the Mi-6/coil changover issue. Once again not a huge problem, though it would be nice to get everything running as it should.

I updated to 4.0 in April, and I've been having the same problem.

My coil (11") has been disconnecting for no apparent reason. Sometimes it disconnects while transferring between custom programs. Sometimes it just disconnects in the middle of swinging over a target. I went out four days in a row last week, and I think it dropped at least once each day. One day it disconnected four or five times. I was in a low trash area one day, and I had to keep an eye on the coil to make sure it didn't go into its startup flashing sequence.

It's a bit frustrating, yes.

Frequent disconnecting like that is not supposed to happen, so you may have a coil defect. May also be the upload glitched on you. You can confirm this by using your only option of either reloading 3.2 and trying that for a couple of days or reloading 4.0 again to see if it still behaves flaky. Good luck.

Listener said:
Frequent disconnecting like that is not supposed to happen, so you may have a coil defect. May also be the upload glitched on you. You can confirm this by using your only option of either reloading 3.2 and trying that for a couple of days or reloading 4.0 again to see if it still behaves flaky. Good luck.

Thank you, I may have to do that the next time I get the chance.

Also, I can hear an audible click coming from the coil whenever I change programs. It's a quiet click, but it's loud enough to hear, especially when I'm going through programs at home. I don't know if that's a normal function of the coil, or because I've banged it up against roots and rocks one too many times (not that I try to, of course).

Don't think it is a defect, I am now having issues with the 9" HF coil disconnecting throughout the day on several occasions. In fact when I first turned on the Deus, the coil wouldn't even initialise. Went through and checked that the serial number was the correct one for the coil - all good, still didn't start up. Ended up rebooting, and the coil started up this time, though several drop outs were experienced afterwards.

Never had this issue before, though noticed it seems to happen when I chose to use the remote audio vs using the WS4 controller - that is the only thing I had done differently when compared to my last several detects. My version of V4.0 was uploaded pretty much when it first came out, so will be updating all my coils again today to see if it solves the issue (and also the Mi-6 changeover issue).

Went out today after reloading V4.0 - coil dropouts gone, and the Mi-6 now behaves as it should. XP must have made some changes to the software since release, either that or my unit just had a software glitch.

Goldpick said:
Went out today after reloading V4.0 - coil dropouts gone, and the Mi-6 now behaves as it should. XP must have made some changes to the software since release, either that or my unit just had a software glitch.

Took you long enough Goldpick! :) ...should have reloaded the software two weeks ago. Anyway glad you got it sorted out.

It didn't really hinder my detecting, more of an inconvenience if anything - hence no rush to update.;) Anyway, just happy that it is all running smoothlyl just a pity XP couldn't be more specific with what bugs were ironed out on their updates.