Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus/ORX stand

X

Xdigger

I have become frustrated with the useless stand that comes with these so I ordered a stand that goes on the Makro Racer series. Just got it in the mail today and it works and looks like it was made for them..... :thumbup:

Costs less than $20 and I may buy a spare, though I don't think I'll need it. Works with any round pole, but fits well on the Deus/ORX. Now, why can't XP think of this? While were at it. How about a 5x9 X-35 coil? :drool:

[attachment 371300 racerstand_full.png]

Bummer to hear, mine feels like pretty good quality. Will have to watch for that. Thanks.

The stand is for a round handle and the XP is more square. I think that is what happened. I liked it when it was on there. I am going to try and melt it to fit. Good luck with yours. Merry Christmas.

I use one of these when I'm prospecting in steep terrain where I have had a Deus roll down a hill and crash into boulders on the way.....still works!
I clamp it on right in front of the remote control on the cam lock.

Jeff

jmaclen said:
I use one of these when I'm prospecting in steep terrain where I have had a Deus roll down a hill and crash into boulders on the way.....still works!

Jeff

Great idea Jeff. Would you happen to have a link to the one you are using or if not, what size it is? Thanks

Maybe I'll epoxy fortify it before put to use. I like that it folds back for storage. ORX on its way too, can't wait to try it out.

pine3874 said:
jmaclen said:

Jeff

Great idea Jeff. Would you happen to have a link to the one you are using or if not, what size it is? Thanks

It is about 6 inches long. $1 to $4 at any big hardware store chain. It works on either of the cam locks. If it breaks or I lose it, it is easy to replace.

Jeff

I've posted these before, but incase anyone is interested....
This keeps my Deus from rolling and keeps the handle out of the mud.
Pretty simple for a few bucks of PVC and a coup[le of zipties.
I also saw where someone screwed threw the little feet a piece of PVC across.
this is pretty simple also and does the trick.
Oh and I painted mine black.

Dave If you a talking to me, it broke at the shaft. one of the sides that go around the shaft broke.I think why is the Deus shaft is not round like other detectors. the detector truned over and it snapped.

Amen to the 5x9 inch coil. The big ons overbalance the machine for me, but I could really use a small one for the iron infested areas!

I would definitely love to have a 5X9 X35 coil. But, I would want an even better stand than the hardware store clamp I'm using (which works fine by the way) since the HF 5X9" coil is the worst for causing the Deus/Orx to fall over. It is almost impossible, even with a good stand to keep the Deus/Orx upright on uneven or sloping ground without a good stand due to the shape of the HF 9X5 coil.

Jeff

marko racer can you post a pic of the stand, Thanks Mickfin

Mickfin,
Here is a picture of the stand and pictures of mine.
The putting a 8" piece of 1/2" PVC with caps across the small feet is the easiest and cheapest.

Attachments

• IMG_0777.JPG
    IMG_0777.JPG
    216.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0778.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    184.3 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    335 KB · Views: 180
  • Makro Racer stand.jpg
    Makro Racer stand.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 160
I purchased this stand on a well known auction site. I just got it today. It took about 3 weeks to get it from Ukraine. With shipping, it was about $26.00. It works great!

Attachments

• L1010068.JPG
    L1010068.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 182
  • L1010069.JPG
    L1010069.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 179
You really don’t need a stand if you adjust your coil bolt properly. When you put your detector down the coil should flatten out to the ground. The detector will stay exactly put where it is set. When you pick it up one tap of the coil and it will be aligned for detecting.
you will see.

Todd
I get that, but when I was doing that with the coil bolt it was a pain with the coil always seeming to be out of adjustment with the ground.
That's why I went with designing a stand for mine.

Todd
I get that, but when I was doing that with the coil bolt it was a pain with the coil always seeming to be out of adjustment with the ground.
That's why I went with designing a stand for mine.
I hear you and to each their own. It has just never been a problem for me. I do it that way with all my detectors. Get out there

You really don’t need a stand if you adjust your coil bolt properly. When you put your detector down the coil should flatten out to the ground. The detector will stay exactly put where it is set. When you pick it up one tap of the coil and it will be aligned for detecting.
you will see.
You detect in a different environment than some of us, try laying your detector coil flat in something like this.

Attachments

• 20190415_164227.jpg
    20190415_164227.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 139