Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus

sunraysux said:
i do not have all the go pro stuff....nor do i post on you tube
but i will try to do a few I phone vids next time i go
but i assure you, these deep ones throw off an ionically charged coin "halo" that the slow sweep of the Etrac//NEL tornado marriage feeds off of

Ok Sunray thanks!

-- moved topic --

I use the deus for relics and its a deep machine with the 9 inch coil and coil size for coil size don't know of any other machine as deep. My deus edged out the ctx in my test by a smidge on depth on coins. Of course the coins haven't been in the ground for a hundred years but that was my findings. My buddies are coin shooters and have etracs, one of my buddies tested the etrac wearing I believe that 8 inch coil spoke about earlier and it just wasn't as deep as the deus with the nine inch coil.... Ive never hunted with a etrac just handled his in my test garden , so I'm just passing along what was shared with me. The comments about a confident swing speed above is true about the deus if you GRANNY swing it over a deep target it makes the target signal really bad and swing over it a little faster and it makes it good. I can remember being able to swing the ctx I had slower over deep targets and just stopping after hitting it and getting a I D. So both statements above are correct about swing speeds but some BRANDS act different than others in that department. You swing the deus granny slow like that and it doesn't do well at all on deep stuff and it doesn't need to be a rocket swing either it just has to a confident motion to it.

A few years back the Etrac used to be my only machine, i really enjoyed using it but i knew i was missing loads in iron. Since then i have bought and tried many good machines and only the past few days my detecting buddy loaned me his old Etrac to play with in my test garden.
Well the Etrac still hits well on large silver coins, and gets pretty good ID till about 90% of it's depth in my soil, it's about the same as the Deus on clean solo targets, but throw a nail into the mix and the Etrac poo's it's pants on ID and separation.
When i try my Signum with stock 7khz coil vs Etrac on deeper targets, just where the Etrac is at it's depth limit and ID is gone AWOL, the Signum still hits hard with a dig me signal, plus it will separate and recover faster, it's just that 10% better all round than the Etrac, deeper than the Deus but it doesn't do in nails what the Deus can.

calabash digger said:
I use the deus for relics and its a deep machine with the 9 inch coil and coil size for coil size don't know of any other machine as deep. My deus edged out the ctx in my test by a smidge on depth on coins. Of course the coins haven't been in the ground for a hundred years but that was my findings. My buddies are coin shooters and have etracs, one of my buddies tested the etrac wearing I believe that 8 inch coil spoke about earlier and it just wasn't as deep as the deus with the nine inch coil.... Ive never hunted with a etrac just handled his in my test garden , so I'm just passing along what was shared with me. The comments about a confident swing speed above is true about the deus if you GRANNY swing it over a deep target it makes the target signal really bad and swing over it a little faster and it makes it good. I can remember being able to swing the ctx I had slower over deep targets and just stopping after hitting it and getting a I D. So both statements above are correct about swing speeds but some BRANDS act different than others in that department. You swing the deus granny slow like that and it doesn't do well at all on deep stuff and it doesn't need to be a rocket swing either it just has to a confident motion to it.
This is my feelings too on swing speed.