Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus's First Seated Dime and Buffalo Nickle +1947 Louisiana Lic.

robez509

1hr hunt after work.
Local Park
Deus on Bottle caps notched(93-99) - setting.

Seems like the soil is moist and easy to dig. Signals clear and deep.
Thought I was digging up a modern copper cent maybe 6" to 7" when I see a bigger than normal penny.
It's a 1915 Buffalo Nickle, second buffalo ever for me.

The Seated Dime was found over the weekend in old hiking trail about 6-7 inches under a small boulder, signal was for a modern dime.
Encountered the boulder about 3" deep, after some tough maneuvering with the Lesche digger I leveraged the rock loose.
Underneath lay the Dime, at first I thought it was a Barber as I could only read the back and saw the similar image of a Barber, not until
I rinsed with water that I saw the Seated Liberty and date.

On the same day, my wife and her Fisher Gold Bug found a few vintage buttons and a 1947 Louisiana licence plate.:twodetecting:
The wife didn't find any silver but is happy with the relics she founds and mostly likes the fresh air.

Thanks for the great comments.

Almost forgot to post the pics of the license plate my wife found.

The military pin has a date on the back. Nov 6, 1917.

CZ, keep up the good work and keep pushing that Deus to its limits, always good reading.

Congrats :thumbup:! Nice finds and being able to read the Indian nickel is sweet - 1915 D is what I think I'm seeing. Seated dimes = happy dance - tough to find.

The Indian nickel is a 1915s