Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DFX and Platinum

Excal1

Can anyone tell me how the DFX does with platinum and maybe a good setting. A friends wife lost her ring in their yard. They found part of it but evidently there are two parts missing. I have the spider coil, the DD1400, the DD sharpshooter and the 91/2". I live outside of Pensacola FL. so it's mostly sand but it should be right on top. Thanks for your help.

If I'm not wrong you should be able to set the DFX up to find only the wanted VDI by using the part that they found. Look in the set-up for the information. It should be a low VDI number like foil.

set the machine to detect everything.If its right on the surface,like you say,it should detect it real quick.Just remember to dig everything. Bob

I found a Platinum rig a couple of years ago. The VDI was 0-2. Almost thought it was trash, but had a good strong sound. This too was in the sand at the beach. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would use BLOCK EDIT to accept -30 to +20, reject all else. Listen for a strong target and if you have a general area to work, it shouldn't take long. the most likely VDI range should be from -10 to +10.

Good Luck.

Since its a recent loss, turn the sensitivity way down, as you said it will be close to the surface and you won't need to pickup the deep signals...

I have found 4 or 5 platinum rings, all being barely a whisper signal (really deep). The last one, for instance, was at a swingset on a private beach, A guy wanted me to find his ring that was lost under the swings while swinging his grand daughter. Needless to say that the ring was about 15 feet in back of the swing up against the retaining wall about13 inches down on the hard pan. Be very careful if people have walked around the area where the ring was lost as it can be deep and very much discrimination will kill hearing it. ....Best of luck finding the ring parts....How

Right after I started using the DFX I was on a beach and recieved the sweetest sound from the machine. I was running in the Beach mode. Up came a $2100 dollar platinum ring from 6" down.