Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DFX Convert

firstring

I am a DFX convert, having my V3i now for 6 weeks. I want to thank you all who have made it happen. Thank you Rob for your input. Thank you Magic for your program. Thank you all who have contributed. Your experiences and your knowledge have made the transition much easier for me (not without making a few mistakes) and I'm sure easier for new users of the V3i. Other than lowering discrimination to 80, no other adjustments were made to Magic's program. I use the 6x10 DD coil. This past weekend, I was at a local park hunting near a volleyball net. I was concentrating on those "terrible" lower VDI numbers, you know the ones I'm talking about; the I love to dig all that foil range. I got a solid 8 VDI hit. Down 4 inches was this ring rather beat up. I could see 14k on the inside - HAPPY DANCE -. I took the ring to a buddy of mine who happens to be a local jeweler. He did a great job in restoring it. I was told the center stone is sapphire, unusually dark. The other two stones are diamonds. - HAPPY DANCE - This is my first gold ring. It's not the super duper gold program that does it. Find a program you feel comfortable with, get over some targets and dig. Stay with it and your machine will learn you. Here in the Northern California Wine Country, the saying is, the longer it ages, the better it gets. You don't know what you are passing by if don't pay close attention to those small "foil" signals. Do a happy dance. Again thanks to you all.
On to the next.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your first ring, firstring......... :biggrin:

Thanks for the comments. Diamonds and gold on your first ring, WOW. Keep hunting it only gets better.

I too was a DFX user, and at first I was not 100% sold on the V3i. Each and every outing got better and better. Even after 18 months it grows on me every day.

As you said, many of the foil signals, end even the high negative numbers (-15 to -1) sometimes turn out some nice surprises!