Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DFX or VX3

halfman2

I have a DFX with several coils but am thinking of getting a VX3. Would the VX3 be worth it since none of my coils are V rated? What does it do better or worse?

Only you would be able to say if it would be worth it to you. I had to sell all my coils when I moved from an MXT. There are many posts on the forum to read so use the search feature. To be honest a better question would be, what can a DFX do better?

Some of you may have heard this before, so sorry about that, but I had a DFX and had no intention of upgrading. I was happy with the finds, the performance, etc. Then I saw an ad for someone selling a 2 week old v3 at a steal so I grabbed it.

What a difference! My hunted out sites came back to life! It found tiny buttons that the DFX missed. It handles ground conditions better and finds more gold. Plus once you use the V3i the DFX looks dull. Compare it to using a monochromatic monitor on your laptop.

It is just much better.

Once you move up to the V3 or the V3i you will love it. I went to the V3i and retried the DFX.:twodetecting::whites::thumbup:

You asked about a VX3 and I think you would like it over the DFX. The VX3 it's pretty much the same machine as the V3i but with less bells and whistles. I like both of them.

I still have my dfx to fall back on but as Tim say's i will must likely retire it as a back up or an extra for a friend to get hooked on

I tried the search and put in vx3 into search for and come back with no results. Must be something with my computer.

It is the logarithms in the search engine. It needs four or more letters to search properly. Try being more specific in what you are looking for, like VX3 ground filters, VX3 frequencies and the like.